Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

45 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

no idea why this mime guy is the only place i can find Rogers interview....but here it is.

Good interview i thought.

Smart lad!

2 hours ago, Xela said:

I'm not sure Monchi would have had much involvement in identifying him. Rogers is ex Baggie academy, as is most of the academy staff at VP now. Glad he signed off on it though. 

He doesn’t have to be the one to identify them, he’s gets the deals done though.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

no idea why this mime guy is the only place i can find Rogers interview....but here it is.

I really hope this YouTube channel becomes a regular VT thing.   Utterly bizarre!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I don't want to pit them against each other, but he seems to have the qualities that Ramsey has, pace power, running with the ball, finishing. But also seems to have something Ramsey doesn't which is vision and weight of pass. In the unfortunate event that we might need to sell Ramsey for FFP purposes, we quietly have made some excellent business in replacing him.

A Ramsey-Buendia hybrid? We do need squad depth and I'm looking forward to players coming back from injury, but there is going to be a big fight for places when the other two are fit. Think this almost certainly means we won't keep Zaniolo though. 

19 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

A Ramsey-Buendia hybrid? We do need squad depth and I'm looking forward to players coming back from injury, but there is going to be a big fight for places when the other two are fit. Think this almost certainly means we won't keep Zaniolo though. 

Buendia surely go out on loan?

The goal was great. Since I watched him against Wolves, I knew he’d add a lot to the team. Just didn’t know how soon will he do that, or when will Emery give him a proper chance. 
Now everyone will start wanting him to start each game. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Enda said:

8 million you’re having a laugh.

At his age, if he’d been at Chelsea the fee would have been £25m.

Well he was at Man City just last season and the fee was nowhere near that when he moved to Middlesbrough. 

Man City obviously thought he was talented enough to take him on and he’s played at all England youth levels, however he gave an interview where he said he didn’t fit into Guardiola’s rigid playing system. 

It seems like he’s always had the talent but needed a manager who could work to his strengths. 

5 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I don't want to pit them against each other, but he seems to have the qualities that Ramsey has, pace power, running with the ball, finishing. But also seems to have something Ramsey doesn't which is vision and weight of pass. In the unfortunate event that we might need to sell Ramsey for FFP purposes, we quietly have made some excellent business in replacing him.

I can’t see any club being mad enough to spend big money on Ramsey when he’s not able to demonstrate he is clear of a serious and reoccurring fitness issue. 

Ramsey will be with us next season for sure. 

I think they can both play together though, with Ramsey playing wide and Rogers more centrally. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

Well he was at Man City just last season and the fee was nowhere near that when he moved to Middlesbrough. 

Man City obviously thought he was talented enough to take him on and he’s played at all England youth levels, however he gave an interview where he said he didn’t fit into Guardiola’s rigid playing system. 

It seems like he’s always had the talent but needed a manager who could work to his strengths. 

Sounds like he’s found the perfect manager now then! Feels like the sky is the limit for Rogers - really like him as a player!

The speed and mobility of Rogers and Ramsey would be a frightening proposition to play against.  Going to be interesting to see if he starts against Chelsea and if he does how he gets on against Gallagher who I rate highly as a dm.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Seen that guy before somewhere...

the-unkown-lands-gig.jpg?w=1581&h=1054&c

• Haha 3

He was actually on loan at Bournemouth, and apparently was shite for them. So a nice one for him to show them what they missed.

20 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I can't wait until I can see a fully fit Ramsey running at defences with Rogers. Chaos.

Too similar to have in the same team I recon.

Â