Match Thread: Everton v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, R.Bear said:

It’s more that football fans are whining little bitches. I genuinely can’t remember the last match thread on here that didn’t have constant moaning about the ref.

A little, the problem is there will be a percentage of the fan base who genuinely believe that VAR decision was wrong, it wasn't, and for that the refs can't win 

but they aren't good, that DCL "foul" on lenglet who slipped at the end was absolutely laughable, that's probably the daftest decision so far in this game 

Id have liked colman to get a yellow card for his fouls on diaby and Moreno at the end, weren't bad tackles but he knew what he was doing he broke up attacks on purpose 

• Like 1

Moreno has been our best player, Tielemans for Diaby at some point is needed.

We're a much better side that these, just need to up the intensity and win the duels in the second half.

Been poor going forwards appart from a decent 5 minute or 10 minute spell. They are winning the 2nd balls more than us and are dominating in the air.

Diaby needs to either be on the right or middle with Bailey being on the left as diaby won't stay on the left. 

Mcginn has been pretty poor so far, I would be taking diaby off for teilemens if he is fit as he's really not done anything again.

We need to up it another couple gears and move it that bit quicker

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

This is where all of the issue lies. Right there. No one wants to referee anymore. I can tell you first hand that the local game absolutely cannot recruit or retain refs anymore. It’s never been easier to get up to the PL. 

Considering that you even see players, coaches and supporters abusing the refs at kids' games, you've got to have thick skin to want to go into it as a profession. I think I'd end up chinning some word removed in my first 45 minutes (I'd start with the kids, obviously). 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I'm normally always happy with a point away but I will be disappointed if we don't win this. They are shocking

They really are. They feed off the crowd massively more than alot of other sides do. The gulf in class between both sides is there to see. I expect the Don to have us dominating more. Tielemans second half to break their low block will be crucial.

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

A little, the problem is there will be a percentage of the fan base who genuinely believe that VAR decision was wrong, it wasn't, and for that the refs can't win 

but they aren't good, that DCL "foul" on lenglet who slipped at the end was absolutely laughable, that's probably the daftest decision so far in this game 

Id have liked colman to get a yellow card for his fouls on diaby and Moreno at the end, weren't bad tackles but he knew what he was doing he broke up attacks on purpose 

Onana studs up into Emi's chest not a yellow for you?

3 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I would love to know who put Diaby to sleep for the last 4 months. 

I have to take responsibility for today's performance. I put 20 notes on him having 4 or more goal attempts in the match. 

Truly bocked the poor bloke.

Don't think I would've won if I'd backed him to have 4 or more touches instead.....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

It’s more that football fans are whining little bitches. I genuinely can’t remember the last match thread on here that didn’t have constant moaning about the ref.

It’s **** exhausting. The only reason I enter these threads is because you get goal updates faster if you’re out or have a shit stream. But Christ alive all it is is whining about officiating absolutely non stop. I get it’s mostly shit but even a 50/50 yellow will get three pages of conspiracy theories and rage. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

It’s the clearest foul you’re going to see. I don’t think he means it, but he runs behind Lenglet and trips him. 

4 minutes ago, chips'ngravy said:

Pretty sure he grew up as a bluenose

It is also Alan Smith who grew up supporting Aston Villa, having been born just eight miles from Birmingham. 

A quick google confirms what I thought I knew.  As I said, he tries a bit too hard to compensate during his commentary.

18 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Which allows him to get shots away like the one earlier which drew a good save from Pickford.

Yeah just seen this again and he didn't cut inside with the ball at all to get this chance. Not relevant in the slightest when I'm talking about his dribbling. It would be nice to see him go on the outside every now and again, but he's obviously more comfortable cutting inside.

Main danger for us is McNeil if he comes on. Can cause havoc.

And Carlos passing to the opposition.

Otherwise we should win 

Just now, MrBlack said:

Onana studs up into Emi's chest not a yellow for you?

It wasn't for me, personally.  Ball was there to be challenged for, he basically gets Martinez around the same time Martinez grabs the ball and studs just exist on football boots.

But then, I'm quite anti-"red card for any studs" challenge, so I accept I view things differently.

• Like 2

I think we miss that extra man in midfield and if Tielemans has 45 in him, I'd have him on now for one of Bailey or Diaby. We probably also miss Pau Torres ability to get the ball into that extra midfield man. As it is, this one is pretty even, we've looked good when we've been able to get the ball down, but we need a little bit more control.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chips'ngravy said:

Pretty sure he grew up as a bluenose

Nope, Alan Smith is a villa fan. Said he was excited at joining his boyhood club under Sir Graham til George Graham blocked the move.

All to play for second half, if Bailey had just taken one step forward we’d have gone 1-0 up, Lenglet nearly cost us though in not holding the line, thankfully we have the world number one in nets.

Feel like it’s there to be won if we can get a bit more intensity out of Diaby and Bailey but it’s on a knife edge as we could easily concede and lose.

• Like 1