Match Thread: FAC3: Middlebrough v Villa

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I'd rather stay in the FA Cup thanks.

**** hate it when people denigrate this competition.

You can hate it but everyone is entitled to their own view on it.

I want to go through but mainly because our record in it is quite frankly pathetic and embarrassing.

Would be nice if our back ups weren't so shite we always have to call on the big guns. 

Approaching any goal for either side Will do now. Can't be **** with a replay here.

• Like 1

Just now, Philosopher said:

He been making the wrong runs, a lot of the time. Not coming short enough. Shooting when he should be passing or crossing. The point of a guy his size and strength is that the ball sticks, but Watkins holds it up way better than he does.

Watkins currently hasn’t touched the ball in 16 mins 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Could be, may be. He's nothing just yet. I don't see him hitting a **** ton of goals just because people start hitting his runs same way Hogan wasn't. 

I didn't say he'll start scoring loads, but he does make those dangerous runs and he's not as effective when literally no-one is seeing them. I was just saying I can see why he's frustrated anyway.

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Some would argue the absence of De Bruyne is a bigger factor and loss…

Anyway, what have City got to do with us?

Just concerned about how we can do and fare better… and how we can sustain our progress and momentum for the rest of the season.

You said the difference between us and the top sides is we rely so heavily on individuals 😂