Don_Simon

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Is it confirmed that they are both back and ready to play?

Yeah I think Emery confirmed both are back training and available for this game. Likely both start on the bench. 

Match day 

I think this is a game we need to score first and if we do the way we play we can frustrate Everton and keep the Goodison faithful quiet.

Don't give them anything to cheer.

UTV

• Like 2

We are due a good performance. 

Feels odd saying that, because our results etc... don't point to bad displays but I don't think we've looked as good as we did a couple months ago. 

Obviously injuries and suspensions haven't helped and probably the fact teams have decided to stick 11 men behind the ball everytime we play them. 

Dyche would be another that I'd usually think he will just shut up shop and see what they can scab but I got a feeling, with them being at home, they could try and have a bit of a go at us which will free us up to play. 

Our record v them is excellent in recent seasons and if we turn up, that continues. 1-3 - Watkins, Bailey, Dougie. 

A win here feels so important -  going joint top, guaranteed top 4 going into feb. most nervous been in a while, felt more relaxed going to old Trafford.  

9 hours ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

I must say I didn’t realise Everton had tailed off so badly in recent weeks. I feel more confident with Pau, Kamara and Tielemans all back in.

Results wise yes, although they were actually pretty good against Spurs and Man City, didnt get much luck.

Sounds like they were very poor against Wolves though

On 09/01/2024 at 13:15, BOF said:

We've a great record against these since we came up. In fact we're unbeaten in the league in 9 games. They've sometimes been our easiest game of the season. I think it's because they're too proud to play low block and too shit to be effective any other way. I think it'll be a handy win and being away from home will further play into our hands. No way they sit back at home. Everton are our comfort blanket.

I agree with this. Too proud to play low block and too shit otherwise. We need more good old used to be big teams. They're perfect for us.

Expecting a tough game here. I know they have gone off the boil recently (may be because of the amount of fixtures teams had over December caught up with them) but I still think they gave Man City a good game and should have beaten Spurs. 

Pau Torres, Tielemans and of course Kamara being back is a big boost for us. We just need to stop conceding first in these away games. 

Mcneil is missing for them but was hoping Doucoure was going to be injured as he seems a key player for them these days but his back fit. Going to go for a 1-1 

Expect Everton to stick 11 men behind the ball, we struggle when teams do that, think it's going to be a tough game, hopefully more entertaining than the Middlesbrough match, that was the 1st time in a while I fell asleep watching a game (last time was watching boregates England a couple of years back) 

I feel nervous today, I think we might struggle to break them down, given our recent difficulties against other clubs circling the drain / relegation zone.

Dyche will have them extremely compact and creative, and we will need to be at our very best in attack to get a win.

I think we will win 0-2. It will be a tough game but we should be too good. That’s based upon Pau starting. He’s so crucial to us. If Lenglet is starting I think it will be a draw.

• Like 1