Don_Simon

8 hours ago, villa89 said:

Brentford, Forest, Wolves, Bournemouth. All away games we haven't played well in. Everton are overachieving with their squad and are a tough game in Goodison.

We still only lost one of those games.

First goal is key as usual in away games and we simply haven't scored first in enough aways this season (although that didn't help us at Old Trafford).

Dyche being Dyche and seeing that the low block worked in the carabao and for other teams recently against us will play 5 at the back.  That said we are on a good run vs them and we will have been working on ways to open them up. 

1 hour ago, wedge said:

Surely their squealing, seagull-like home crowd won't allow them to just sit back against us like Sheffield United and Burnley did?!

Not by choice, no way goodison would put up with 11 behind the ball backs to the wall type stuff. They might have to though if we don't score early.

12 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Lander Emery

Cash           Konsa        Pau      Moreno

Mcginn       Kamara       Luiz          Ramsey

Bailey         Watkins

Emery does like 2 goalkeepers on the bench. Would be funny if he put lander on the bench for one of the games this season. Get some quality match day family time in.

• Haha 1

Horrible fixture. Usually I'd like to see a performance but I'd love a horrible, undeserved 1-0 win from a dodgy pen.

The rest before this game has really helped us I reckon.

I'm fairly negative towards the probable result but the rest period makes me think more specifics will have been worked on.

They've taken 4 pts from a possible 24 against teams in the top 8. They've also beaten a knackered Newcastle and a mediocre Chelsea at home. We're unbeaten against them in the PL since coming back up (7 wins 2 draws) and have won the last five with an aggregate score of 12-2. No McNeill and (possibly) no Doucoure limits their attacking ability. Bouba, Dougie (and hopefully Pau) starting together will give our approach play some more zip. Bailey vs whoever they have at left back is a mismatch. 

3-1 Villa. 

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Horrible fixture. Usually I'd like to see a performance but I'd love a horrible, undeserved 1-0 win from a dodgy pen.

I'm fairly negative towards the probable result but the rest period makes me think more specifics will have been worked on.

That's the spirit!

Expecting a very difficult game on Sunday and Everton’s height and physicality does worry me somewhat, especially when it comes to dead ball situations. Calvert-Lewin having his red card overturned helps them here, as does the imposing figures of Tarkowski, Branthwaite, Onana, Beto etc. Whether Doucoure plays/starts for them could a deciding factor, as he’s been a key figure so far this season. McNeil obviously out and sounds like Ashley Young could also be missing from their squad on Sunday.

I would feel a lot better about this one if Pau starts, more so for his passing ability. Just so important to us. So, I’m basing my line up that he does return, but if not obviously Lenglet retains his place. I’m taking it as Tielemans is still missing. I also think Carlos is best starting here alongside Konsa, rather than Cash, mainly due to what I’ve explained above. My only other change would be to bring Diaby back in for Ramsey, as having the added protection of three CB’s and Kamara back, I think this can allow Moreno to push forward on the left and more so Bailey down the right. However, if Don Emery goes with Cash and Ramsey to start, I’m more than fine with it.

Martinez

Konsa      Carlos       Pau       Moreno

Kamara       Luiz                

Bailey                              McGinn

Diaby        Watkins            

Subs:  Marschall, Proctor, Cash, Lenglet, Dendoncker, Iroegbunam, Ramsey, Zaniolo, Duran 

I think we’ll score but can we keep a clean sheet? I do have my doubts, so I’m going to say 1-1, but would love another away win that’s for sure.  UTV

1 hour ago, troon_villan said:

Aww no, I've just seen it's David word removed refereeing.  He reffed the Brentford shambles the other week.

*fixed 

• Shocked 1

8 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

They've literally only beat us once since we've been promoted, a weakened League Cup team earlier this season. We are unbeaten at Goodison since promotion winning 3 out of 4 and drawing 1.