Match Thread: Man Utd v Villa

limpid

Just now, Wurzel said:

Controversial point of view, I don't think we have played that well. Sloppy at the back and we just don't shoot enough. However we are two goals to the good so I'm happy. Love our offside trap.

I thought we played well up to our second goal

We do this quite a bit when we take the lead - sit back a bit and let the opposition press us harder because we're a little less attacking and incisive with the ball.

Edited by Ponky
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Wurzel said:

Controversial point of view, I don't think we have played that well. Sloppy at the back and we just don't shoot enough. However we are two goals to the good so I'm happy. Love our offside trap.

Not controversial at all. A better team would've scored 1 or 2 goals against us by now.

• Like 1

I just want to note that Lenglet has been awesome again.  He's been a very good defender for us so far and has been pretty well interchangeable for Torres (beside the passing).  I would hate to lose him this January with him playing like this right now. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Evra’s analysis is bizarre.

This analysis half time is like watching Man U TV.

Aside from the two set pieces we haven't offered a great deal. They could focus a bit more on how great our offside trap has been but other than that I can understand the talking point, at Old Trafford, being Man U looking toothless upfront when we've gifted them chances.

Edited by AV82

Just now, AV82 said:

Not controversial at all. A better team would've scored 1 or 2 goals against us by now.

I think I agree. We were good for the first 25 mins and then poor for the other 20. We’ve got to be careful. If they score, I cannot see it finishing 2-1. They’ll get every decision possible to try and even it up. We need another goal and then to just waste as much time as possible. 

• Like 1