Match Thread: Man Utd v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

The offside trap is quality, but catching far too many times in this half, need to keep the ball up the pitch, cause they will learn to beat it.

Their insulting lack of respect highlighted because they should have researched that before the match began.

Cant seem to get a foot on it in midfield since the 2nd. I've seen McGinn and Luiz both turn over easy ball under moderate pressure.

Shame. After the 2nd we should be turning the screw, but we seem to have slipped back into 1st gear - we almost made them look good for 25 minutes.

• Like 1

The clamour for Zaniolo is mind boggling. He’s been absolutely woeful in nearly every match he’s played. There’s a reason he can’t get in the side even when we’re plagued by suspensions and injuries. He was a last roll of the rice against Sheffield.

Ramsey hasn’t been great but leave as it is for now. I wouldn’t bring Zaniolo on unless we needed a goal in the last 10 mins. 

I'd bring on Zaniolo now for Ramsey who looks off the pace imo, push McGinn into Ramsey's position and look to catch them on the counter as they are going to push right on us now. They'll be space in behind their backline in the 2nd half. 

Just now, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

Whoever gets the next goal will definitely be crucial to how this game pans out. United are the sort of team that can make something out of nothing. Need to wake up in the second half. 

And get a cheaty penalty

• Like 1

Excellent first 30 minutes, with Villa totally in control of the game especially with an active Bailey. After that, United woke up and just abused Villa's high line. Honestly, this could be a tie if they didn't suck so much at the net, they had three clear goal opportunities with a player in front of Emi. United has a gamemaking deficit, and Villa right now is playing into their hands by compacting the pressure line between the midfield and their defending area. They should either increase the pressure to their defenders so they can't do the long passes, or retreat into the defending area, so no United player can receive unmarked.

Edited by Daulmakan

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

I still don’t know why they didn’t.

As much as we’d have hated it £75m would have tested us / Emi.

Kane went for £100m, I reckon there’s a fair chance he’d have picked United last summer with another baby on the way and the PL goal scoring record in sight.

c£175m gets them both most likely.

They spent about that on Mount, Onana, Hojlund. 

Then with someone like Kane upfront instead of Hojlund you get Rashford working harder and performing better. The defenders have confidence in the man behind them. 

They seem to have the money, but just don’t know how to spend it.

Spurs wouldn't have sold to united.