Match Thread: Brentford v Villa

limpid

The only thing that makes me feel positive in these situations nowadays is that we know that Emery will see there’s a problem and do something about it. I find it remarkable that we can play citeh off the park and then fall apart against this lot. Emery has been talking about the need for consistency and you can see the lack of it here

• Like 1

Just now, sidcow said:

We are double hamstrung without Luiz because McGinn is out of the game too. 

I thought McGinn was by far our best player first half. But we do miss him further forward to link the play.

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

We keep losing the games we should win. Learning to win these games is the next step.

Of course it is that’s how you make progress, too many people want it all at once and can’t cope when it doesn’t happen. 

• Like 1

Just now, The_Rev said:

Moreno has got to do better with the goal. It was a half hearted attempt at clearing the ball.  I don’t think it happens if he’s not just coming back from a long injury but the sloppiness is killing us.   Big half time team talk coming up because we can win this.  

Agreed. Defensively Brentford have looked shaky at times today. We need to boss it second half, control the tempo 

Cash once again too limited. Diaby anonymous like he’s been for the past 2 months. Ramsey rusty and lacking in confidence.

Need Bailey and probably Zaniolo on for the latter two.

• Like 1

Meh. Pretty poor I suppose. Cash and Moreno in particular have been poor. 

Half arsed stuff really. Play like that second half and we’ll lose.

All in all, a bit deflating really. Our away form isn’t great, but it’s the performances that are more concerning. We’re consistently fu***ng shit for large parts of matches.