• Diaby (Bailey 45)
    • Ramsey (Tielemans 57)
    • Dendoncker (Kamara 66)
    • Cash (Konsa 66)
    • Moreno (Digne 78)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/23 at 23:59

2 hours ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Did they really create that much? Saka missed one chance and Odegaard missed 2 chances. Outside of that martinelli's flick over martinez was offside so doesnt count and the nketiah header also looked offside. havertz goal clearly handball so shouldn't have counted. Can't think of much more outside of that.

Our highline worked wonders again although pundits keep saying it should be easy to beat.

McGinn said after the game " I could have missed, like Arsenal, but I elected to score instead."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I’m looking forward to tomorrow at work as I’ve got 3 pure Devonian gooners in the office who have become extraordinarily entitled in the last couple of seasons and their post match messages to me were saltier than the Dead Sea.

Should be great fun 😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jareth said:

The Luiz 'penalty' incident - I can't understand why it was even in question - not one pundit has mentioned that Luiz has made contact with the player's raised leg, while the planted leg is the one he hops off in his dive to the floor - it's absolutely comical. 

FWIW, I reckon we'd want it if it was the other way round.  That match thread is often absolutely fixated on the referee and Luiz undoubtedly kicked up into Jesus.

If the ref gave it as a penalty, it would've stood.  If he didn't give it (which he didn't), then I don't think VAR overturns (and it didn't).  Just one of those incidents and, to some extent, we're probably lucky we had a "high bar" ref in charge of the game.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I’d like to think I’m honest enough (especially as I play as well) that I’d know that the contact has to be consequent to the fall. Yes, Luiz touches him (wouldn’t call it a kick) but it doesn’t cause his other leg to collapse. It also looks worse in slow motion, there’s an element of Jesus kicking down too. One of the analysis programmes somewhere picked up on it. 

I think fans need to be sensible here. it isn’t helped by refs giving such soft pens all season though to be fair. It seems the directive has been ‘contact in the box regardless of intent or consequence = pen’

in my ideal world shit like that is never a pen. It’s a contact sport, an attacker needs to be impeded for it to be a foul, not just inconsequential contact. 

I think that's the issue, those sort of instances are given pretty much on weekly basis. Wolves have conceded that sort of penalty about three times in the last month where a defender of theirs has got to clear the ball and opposition player has leaned in to wait for contact and it's been minimal at best.

Ruling out Havertz goal was the correct call but I was expecting the ref to be told to go over to the screen for the penalty call and was relieved when he wasn't.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bobzy said:

FWIW, I reckon we'd want it if it was the other way round.  That match thread is often absolutely fixated on the referee and Luiz undoubtedly kicked up into Jesus.

If the ref gave it as a penalty, it would've stood.  If he didn't give it (which he didn't), then I don't think VAR overturns (and it didn't).  Just one of those incidents and, to some extent, we're probably lucky we had a "high bar" ref in charge of the game.

Jesus has made the most of it 100%, but I don't think we could have had many complaints if that was given.

As you said, if it was Watkins at the other end we'd have been fuming if that wasn't given

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Jesus has made the most of it 100%, but I don't think we could have had many complaints if that was given.

As you said, if it was Watkins at the other end we'd have been fuming if that wasn't given

All opinions but in real time its no where near a pen. Completely agree that if it had been the other end we'd have been fuming but we'd have been wrong too. Thats why we have (hopefully) impartial refs rather than fans shouting to decide what happens. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Maybe based on what they seem to be assessing as a pen this season, but nobody can honestly look at that and say it's a pen based on the contact making his standing leg collapse.

• Like 1

Â