• Diaby (Bailey 45)
    • Ramsey (Tielemans 57)
    • Dendoncker (Kamara 66)
    • Cash (Konsa 66)
    • Moreno (Digne 78)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/23 at 23:59

2 hours ago, TRO said:

In a world of extremes, in what we are living in.....it must be remembered a 1-0 is a credible score line.

We have kinda slept walked in to this notion, that only 4-0's is worthy of satisfaction and joy.

1-0 to me, signifies a contest, where 2 teams give their all....but someone has to be a victor.

2 x 1-0's against 2 of the best sides around......are enough to rejoice for a month, so many factors have to be met to do that....I am over the Moon.

I'll take the 1-0, with the joy of a 6-0......all day long.

6 points.

1 nil to the Villa!!

8 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Did they really create that much? Saka missed one chance and Odegaard missed 2 chances. Outside of that martinelli's flick over martinez was offside so doesnt count and the nketiah header also looked offside. havertz goal clearly handball so shouldn't have counted. Can't think of much more outside of that.

Our highline worked wonders again although pundits keep saying it should be easy to beat.

You'd have thought if any team knew about offside traps it would be Arsenal. Their team under George Graham was famous for it. 

And yet.....it still keeps working!

• Like 2

Yeah, it takes so much discipline n control to see out a 1 nil victory (especially when scoring early) and there are a variety of ways to do it. It’s so pleasing to see that, alongside our considerable quality and talent, we have an ample amount of fight, grit, spirit and determination. Led by our colossal captain.

We are well equipped. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yeah, it takes so much discipline n control to see out a 1 nil victory (especially when scoring early) and there are a variety of ways to do it. It’s so pleasing to see that, alongside our considerable quality and talent, we have an ample amount of fight, grit, spirit and determination. Led by our colossal captain.

We are well equipped. 

This. Anybody can be a flat track bully. It's handling intense pressure that sorts out the men from the boys. 

True grit. 

47 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Did they really create that much? Saka missed one chance and Odegaard missed 2 chances. Outside of that martinelli's flick over martinez was offside so doesnt count and the nketiah header also looked offside. havertz goal clearly handball so shouldn't have counted. Can't think of much more outside of that.

Our highline worked wonders again although pundits keep saying it should be easy to beat.

To answer your question, no they didn't.  The only two moments when Emi was troubled were the miscommunication with Watkins at the near post from a corner and the disallowed (multiple handball) Havertz goal. 

I was actually very surprised that Emi got Man of the Match on the official site.  He was his usual composed, dominant self, but aside from a fairly routine stop from Odegaard he barely had a save to make.  Come to think of it, maybe the AVFC Official site gave it to him to wind up the gooners... :)

I love how Ian Wright constantly harps on about our high line.  He'd have been offside 20 times a match if he was playing us today! 

1 hour ago, FLVillan said:

I love how Ian Wright constantly harps on about our high line.  He'd have been offside 20 times a match if he was playing us today! 

Not to knock Wright as he was a top player in his day. But his day was quite sometime ago and defenders were slow and turned like tankers. He would’ve made mincemeat of high lines because he was so much quicker than defenders. 

Our high line is working so well. We will ship goals because of it but we will score so many more. 

3 hours ago, Lochheads twin said:

As a stopper from the old school, Adams would appreciate heroic defending and an Arsenalesque one nil😀

a lot of the noise about changing the rule is from forwards (Wright , Lineker etc) who want everything in their favor.

for objectivity I have to declare my perspective is from being full back in ages when few laws were strictly enforced!😂

churchill....oh yes.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Not to knock Wright as he was a top player in his day. But his day was quite sometime ago and defenders were slow and turned like tankers. He would’ve made mincemeat of high lines because he was so much quicker than defenders. 

Our high line is working so well. We will ship goals because of it but we will score so many more. 

He is just so Biased, like all the other Lineker hangers on.

Â