Match Thread: Villa v Man City

limpid

Right now we're dominating midfield. Kamara has been absolute class, helped by McGinn and others. Who's their ball winner without Rodri? Stones? He doesn't look fully fit and isn't a pure midfielder in the first place.

I will be curious what tactical changes Guardiola makes to shore up midfield. He doesn't have a full slate of options. Might he give Phillips a chance?

Bailey has also been outstanding. He and Kamara are leading candidates for MOTM. Can't say that anyone in the side is playing poorly.

• Like 2

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

I think that’s the best performance under Don Unai so far because of the opposition.

First half against Newcastle last season for me.  But this is up there, absolutely.

• Like 1

Just now, MotoMkali said:

Unfortunately City are going to bring on kovacic or nunes for Rico Lewis and City will look a lot better than in the first half. 

And we'll bring on Diaby and JJ. 

Just now, trekka said:

Yep, the snapshot that Amazon Prime had showed it was clearly out.  Nothing to grumble about there. 

The angle they showed was totally inconclusive to be fair. 

I think it probably was out but that image didn't prove anything.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That was one of the best 45 mins I've seen from villa maybe ever 

Definitely the best I've ever seen us press 

But it was a smart, composed, and energy-saving press. We are every bit as good as them!

• Like 1

Just now, Lichfield Dean said:

The angle they showed was totally inconclusive to be fair. 

I think it probably was out but that image didn't prove anything.

Because the lino flagged it made it a lot easier. If it looked out they just moved on. Different story if the flag had stayed down.