viivvaa66

I'd have liked to see Bailey and Diaby start but oh well, didn't think it would happen. 

Not really that concerned by that though, more concerned with Konsa at RB again and Diego Carlos starting again despite his awful performance against Bournemouth. Needs to do much better tonight. 

Our bench actually looks stronger than theirs so good options for later on.

Can see some of the logic here - Haaland loves drifting from right to left and Konsa will be there to meet him at the back post. Think the remit from McGinn will be to work hard to prevent back post crosses from our right side as well.

Big vote of confidence from Unai to Bailey. He's been the more effective between him and Diaby.

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

This is madness. Cash must have a injury makes no sense otherwise 

Come on mate, Emery is a master at tactics. He'll have a plan. Whether it works is another matter!

Its not 'madness'. Everything he does is thought out meticulously. :)

That Jack thing, does he have his own flavor of Lynx being advertised?

Also, no pressure in this game: either we take something off them, or we know where we need to strengthen in the window.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Come on mate, Emery is a master at tactics. He'll have a plan. Whether it works is another matter!

Its not 'madness'. Everything he does is thought out meticulously. :)

It just scares me that its against city! As Bournemouth tore us a new one with konsa at rb at times

Why why why are we changing, what is essentially a winning formula at home, to go with Konsa at RB and Cash on the bench? I’m confused, and a little annoyed… and no Diaby as well is, a bit mind boggling. 

Edited by Tayls

7 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

No Doku, no KDB, no Jack, no Rodri.

watch them tear us to pieces 

Would love to give a laughy face emoji or something here, but, been a Villa fan for some time now, and no for a fact these kind of circumstances are nothing to laugh about.

• Like 2

Not the team I’d have started. But I’m no Unai! The thought process must be that Haaland is likely to bully both Pau and Konsa so we need Diego in there. 

Big night for Youri, he needs to pull the strings! A box of Bouba, Luiz, Youri and McGinn should give us some much needed stability in midfield. I just worry about us going forward. We need to keep the ball or City will wear us down. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tomaszk said:

Stunned no Diaby.

So am I to be honest. Bailey has been brilliant off the bench. Other players struggle to get into the game. I guess Diaby got the assist for Watkins at the weekend. Shows what strength in depth we have!

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

Why why why are we changing, what is essentially a winning formula at home, to go with Konsa at RB and Cash on the bench? I’m confused, and a little annoyed… and no Diaby as well is, a bit mind boggling. 

Because we’re playing the best side in world football and if we play openly we will be smashed into the middle of next year? 

• Like 1