viivvaa66

Just now, Tayls said:

Why why why are we changing, what is essentially a winning formula at home, to go with Konsa at RB and Cash on the bench? I’m confused, and a little annoyed… 

It's a change in build up.

Gives us more players in the middle as Bouba and McGinn will be there with Doug now. Probably Tielemans as well tbh! Will be pretty crowded in there.

I don't like it either, but you know the don has thought about it a lot.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Is flavour the right word here? 

"Variant" as in "what type of nerve gas" may have been more appropriate. I was a bit in shock from viewing that video and trying to figure it out. I'll do better.

Just now, 479Villan said:

"Variant" as in "what type of nerve gas" may have been more appropriate. I was a bit in shock from viewing that video and trying to figure it out. I'll do better.

I am also in shock mate, it’s destroyed my night. 

• Like 1

V pleased that Doku isn’t playing as our set up will mean they get a lot of space on the flanks. Perhaps we’ll have a deeper defensive line than normal to mitigate if and when they get in behind us. 

Think Unai wants to stop them playing between our midfield and defence so expect Tielemans to drop further back than we might like and Konsa to tuck in for cover. 

Not expecting to see Watkins and Bailey with much of the ball, so their pace will be important. McGinn is the wildcard in the system for me: if he gets dragged too deep or even out to cover Digne too often and we’re f*cked. Need him to help us switch quickly from defence and attack: need him to use that magnificent arse!

UTV!

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

It's a change in build up.

Gives us more players in the middle as Bouba and McGinn will be there with Doug now. Probably Tielemans as well tbh! Will be pretty crowded in there.

I don't like it either, but you know the don has thought about it a lot.

Pep has been overly focused on central control too often leaving the wings to Grealish/Doku with Alvarez in the half space as their target. 

I think Unai is aiming to make it a slugfest in the middle of the park and giving the keys to Ollie and Bailey up top. Not too dissimilar from his set ups against Liverpool during the UCL semi-final when he was at Villareal.

McGinn and Tielemans shouldering the responsibility of progressing us up the field.

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Because we’re playing the best side in world football and if we play openly we will be smashed into the middle of next year? 

Like Spurs? :)

Only way we're beating city is scoring 3+ IMO. No reason we can't attack heavily with this line-up as well.

Trust Emery with my life.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

V pleased that Doku isn’t playing as our set up will mean they get a lot of space on the flanks. Perhaps we’ll have a deeper defensive line than normal to mitigate if and when they get in behind us. 

Think Unai wants to stop them playing between our midfield and defence so expect Tielemans to drop further back than we might like and Konsa to tuck in for cover. 

Not expecting to see Watkins and Bailey with much of the ball, so their pace will be important. McGinn is the wildcard in the system for me: if he gets dragged too deep or even out to cover Digne too often and we’re f*cked. Need him to help us switch quickly from defence and attack: need him to use that magnificent arse!

UTV!

McGinn on the right and Tielemans on the left no?

Just now, briny_ear said:

Good to see we’ve started turning on the players and the manager before the match has even started. At least give them 5 mi utes of play before the pile in!

High horse.

Snore.

1 minute ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I expect the exact opposite. Expect him to try to pin Stones and Lewis back  and make them work since they're not operating in their usual roles. That means lots of balls to Tielemans and McGinn in advanced positions.

• Like 1

Bailey over Diaby - 

Diaby has been great linking play and was particularly good with a lot of open space vs Brighton and Legia.

But he has struggled against physical CB's and look at what City are rolling out.

Bailey has been our best 1v1 player so far so I can see the logic there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

Good to see we’ve started turning on the players and the manager before the match has even started. At least give them 5 mi utes of play before the pile in!

Who has done this? I've seen none of it.

Name. Shame.