VILLAMARV

Weird World in which The Mighty Villa run scared of the silly little Cherries: Years in the top division over 110 versus under 10. Major trophies over 20 versus Zero. Stadium capacity 42,000 versus 11,000. Inept managers whilst in the top division: oh, now I get it....

• Haha 2

Sneaky feeling daddy donker might come in for Kamara. Tielemans has shown he can get a bit bullied when given big responsibility so far.

Suppose McGinn could drop back to that deeper role. Ramsey has to start if we do that though, give us something positive in that advanced position.

I do not like this game one bit. Tougher test than Spurs.

Edited by Tomaszk

13 hours ago, romavillan said:

Maybe the other way round, Moreno played himself into the game and got better and better, Ramsey didn't have as much time and didn't hit his usual levels.

Would keep Digne in. He gets booked and Moreno will start the match after.

Bournemouth have picked up lately but it's not like they have some incredible defensive unit, I think we'll score at least twice and we should win if that happens.

Hopefully Ollie is o.k for this.

• Like 1

Emery's big challenge will be preventing the players from looking past Bournemouth to Wednesday night's tilt with Manchester City.

If we have CL or even title aspirations, maximum points are crucial on Sunday.

• Like 3

On 30/11/2023 at 12:00, VillaChris said:

The 11 selected for that game is making my eyes bleed. Of course everyone remembers Mings being benched and the moronic comments from Slippy afterwards attempting to justify it. Luiz and Watkins were also subs! From memory Ings had a decent pre season so perhaps that wasn't seen as controversial as the others but that match seems like a decade ago now compared to just over a year back.

Bournemouth have picked up recently but I think we'll score a couple past their backline. 1-3.

“Bournemouth should be coming here and wiping the floor with us”

God, Gerrard was the worst manager for ages and that’s saying something as we’ve had a tonne of shit ones! 😆 

• Like 1

I mean they are going to score at least once aren't they? Just can't see a clean sheet and it'll be about whether or not we can muster a couple ourselves. With Ollie I'm confident, without him well it's gonna be a bit novel. Perhaps Diaby takes the spotlight. 

I was confident of a win until I heard Ollie might be out. 7 goals, 5 assists for us, plus won two penalties. Whilst our main striker isn’t perfect, he’s directly contributed to about half of our league goals this season so we’ll be less of a threat if he doesn’t play. It’s also probably the weakest position in terms of depth, except right back maybe. Duran has the potential to be exceptional, but right now is 19 and not reliable enough.

If Ollie is out, I still think we can find at least one goal. Their full backs are weak with Aarons and Kelly injured. But with just two clean sheets all season, our defence is ropey. Hopefully we can get the win and Ollie is back for Man City and Arsenal.

11 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Emery has managed against Bournemouth 4 times for 4 wins

Of course it will be different on the south coast but the home win v them in March was as routine as you can get. Early goal helped but we were very comfortable and should've won more than 3-0 as think we have a goal ruled out by VAR and also a blatant penalty ignored.

The previous week they'd beaten Liverpool at home and then two weeks later they won at Spurs so they were in decent form at the time aswell.

I'm confident for tomorrow in ways I wasn't for Wolves or Forest away yet was polar opposite in build up to Forest game in "how many will we score past them" vibe.

I think we'll be fine. They're starting to press more effectively but if we play round them quickly we'll get plenty of chances against that backline. I think we can handle Solanke o.k aswell.

1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

I was confident of a win until I heard Ollie might be out. 7 goals, 5 assists for us, plus won two penalties. Whilst our main striker isn’t perfect, he’s directly contributed to about half of our league goals this season so we’ll be less of a threat if he doesn’t play. It’s also probably the weakest position in terms of depth, except right back maybe. Duran has the potential to be exceptional, but right now is 19 and not reliable enough.

If Ollie is out, I still think we can find at least one goal. Their full backs are weak with Aarons and Kelly injured. But with just two clean sheets all season, our defence is ropey. Hopefully we can get the win and Ollie is back for Man City and Arsenal.

If there's any doubt we probably leave Ollie out to get him ready for Man. City and Arsenal.

Would be a good indication of what we need in January aswell.

Think it's over a year (Brighton away) since we last played a prem game without Ollie so we take it for granted with him and his ridiculous fitness record.

• Like 2

Bournemouth are Mid table in the form league....not an easy encounter.

I am not expecting anything fancy, just a hard fought, containing game, with the odd counter.

I fancy the plan being to conserve energy as much as possible for 2 potentially energy sapping challenges coming up.

but we can't take these for granted as we did under Gerrard.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rjw63 said:

It’s really not.

Bournemouth are shite and the only way we lose is if we think we can just turn up and piss it, but I’m sure what happened at Forest will be fresh in the memory.

That is the essence of it all.

Workrate and industry, intensity....is not as easy to administer/muster as some fans think it is....its kinda taken as read, in some quarters.

If we show the effort of a team desperate for the top four, we have the talent to win....if we don't, it could be tricky.

ps I still haven't forgot Stevenage🤔...it kinda keeps me grounded.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

They like to press high and are also pretty handy on the counter. Thought they were decent against an admittedly knackered and injury ravaged Newcastle. Their other two recent wins were a close game against Burnley and an easy win vs Sheff Utd (no big deal). They also got tonked by Man City 6-1. If we are focused and don't give away a sloppy early goal then I think we win comfortably.