VILLAMARV

Emery beat Iraola twice in 20/21 season whilst Emery was in charge of villareal and Iraola managed Rayo vallecano, so hopefully we see the same outcome.

one of the victories was a 5-1 victory and a certain pau Torres scored on that day for villareal so maybe he can repeat the trick 

• Like 1

On 29/11/2023 at 17:04, Pongo Waring said:

If we want to win the title then this is really a must win game, purely because it takes some of the pressure of us for the Man City and Arsenal games.

Nothing funny about having such optimism in my book. As Ron Saunders once famously said, "do you want to bet against us,"no - one gave Leicester a chance until they won it, so, it's stands to reason, you just never know. 

As for 2morrow, I hate us playing there,  we've never looked comfortable. Hopefully that can change and we can maintain momentum, especially, like you said, with those two consecutive home games, I also think it's really important that we go into that City game with a winning feeling still in our blood..

Loving your belief, Pongo. Here's hoping, Come on me Babbys!

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 3

This game is like the Nottingham match, away to a relegation candidate. In other word we have a superior squad, and should win on paper.

Hopefully we don’t have an other off day, and get all 3 points. I would have liked us to keep a clean sheet, but that don’t seem to happen this season, 3-1 win.

I think Bournemouth will be different to Forest, they like to attack and not sit back and absorb pressure. We need to respect them though, they could easily turn us over if we turn up half arsed and they have started to improve recently.

Their defence has a few injuries and imo isn't the best but they can score goals even if the stats don't reflect that too well. While we don't want to concede early on yet again away, we shouldn't be conservative as the game goes on. 

It would be waste to beat Spurs away then lose to Bournemouth, we need to win if we are backing ourselves. I think their recent confidence could be their undoing, but definite banana skin.

I just don’t see us having the legs to go the distance this season, but get results this month and who knows, especially with players coming back - poor Digne needs a rest! I think we already are the surprise package this season, but unlike the crazy Leicester season, there are plenty of contenders this, but maybe they are all taking points off each other?

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

I hope the frustration of the forest game guards against complacency but we need to start well for a change. Too often in away games we are under the kosh and offer up early opportunities. If they score like forest did then we will struggle but if we get on top early we will be fine.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thunderball said:

It would be waste to beat Spurs away then lose to Bournemouth, we need to win if we are backing ourselves. I think their recent confidence could be their undoing, but definite banana skin.

I just don’t see us having the legs to go the distance this season, but get results this month and who knows, especially with players coming back - poor Digne needs a rest! I think we already are the surprise package this season, but unlike the crazy Leicester season, there are plenty of contenders this, but maybe they are all taking points off each other?

Getting as many points between us and fifth is the thing. With the fixtures coming after this we need as much distance as possible from fifth

• Like 1

Watkins going to be a big kiss as

the work he does tracking back and his defensive duties off opposing corners should not be underestimated. Kamara will also be a big loss as was hitting good form. 

not as confident now with key players missing 

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Feels a big game and it is easily one we could lose as Newcastle found out when they went to Bournemouth.

Win today though and it sets up nicely for the next two.

Going for an entertaining 2-2 draw.

Newcastle were missing about 10 players and the players that were available were knackered. We don't have the same excuses, even if we have been playing more fixtures this season. Emery's record with us against lower half teams, both home and away, is very, very good and so I'm hoping that the Forest game was a bit of a blip.

we need to start the game with a high tempo and not slow and ponderous like the last few games.

At Forest and Spurs away we started slowly and surrendered ground all round.

We obviously turned it around against Spurs but the Forest game should serve as a warning to us.

Start with a high tempo and we will win.

Tricky game without Kamara and potentially Watkins, but we have to find a way to win. Newcastle arent going away, we need to prove we are serious in a game like this by grinding out a 1-0 like most top 4 sides would; they just find a way of getting it done.

It does have the air of a bananaskin type day, but Unai has proved time and time again that he will get the most out of the group and continue this ride rolling along. Hopefully he does again,

1-2 (Diaby, Dougie pen)

UTV