VILLAMARV

Massive game, a win would be great especially with Man U playing Newcastle and Man City playing Spurs in the same gameweek. Would set up quite the week.

Not a place with many happy memories though. A Rudy Gestede goal in 2015 the last time we've won there I believe.

• Like 1

A draw, sorry but that's how I see this one. Bournemouth will have seen Spurs try and hit us quick and hard from the first seconds of our game and will try and copy it, with their decent form and rested players I can see them having some success. 

Our only hope is if we can make the ball stick up front once we clear their high, intense press. For this reason I would start with Zaniolo, Watkins and Ramsey if he is fit enough. We need to punish them and others abandoning defense in order to score early. UTV 

3 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Pretty much anything will be an improvement on last seasons shitshow.

The 11 selected for that game is making my eyes bleed. Of course everyone remembers Mings being benched and the moronic comments from Slippy afterwards attempting to justify it. Luiz and Watkins were also subs! From memory Ings had a decent pre season so perhaps that wasn't seen as controversial as the others but that match seems like a decade ago now compared to just over a year back.

Bournemouth have picked up recently but I think we'll score a couple past their backline. 1-3.

• Like 4

Annoying that they've picked up just before we play them, so won't be easy.

No Kamara is a big miss for us. Does Tielemans come in and Douglas takes up a more defensive role or does McGinn shuffle across? Donk could come in I suppose but seems unlikely with little match sharpness.

Edited by villan95

Really tough fixtures this. A win would be absolutely huge going into Man City. 

Emi

Cash Konsa Pau Digne

Zaniolo McGinn Luiz Tielemans

Diaby Watkins

Hopefully Watkins is for. Options to bring Ramsey, Moreno, Bailey and Duran on for rotation. 

1 hour ago, Adman said:

Massive onana skin this one.  I just feel a draw at best is what we'll end up with.  We won't just keep winning especially without deserving it...

That's a Freudian slip if I've ever seen one

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Rodders said:

Think we might see Ramsey start this one. Moreno to get more minutes from the bench. Bailey to start for me. 

Maybe the other way round, Moreno played himself into the game and got better and better, Ramsey didn't have as much time and didn't hit his usual levels.

Kamara being out for this is a big loss. I suspect McGinn will drop into his position a bit deeper with Youri starting. Also expecting Carlos to start this one. 

Emi
Konsa - Carlos - Pau - Digne

Cash - McGinn - Luiz - Youri

Diaby - Watkins

53 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Kamara being out for this is a big loss. I suspect McGinn will drop into his position a bit deeper with Youri starting. Also expecting Carlos to start this one. 

Emi
Konsa - Carlos - Pau - Digne

Cash - McGinn - Luiz - Youri

Diaby - Watkins

Not sure putting cash in midfield after spurs is the right way to approach this. Wouldn’t surprise me at all though. 

I think Cash is going to be benched because we don't have Kamara to drop into that RCB slot for our build up and most of the time the Cash RW experiment hasn't worked at all. Carlos being rested yesterday indicates to me he will start and I don't think he's getting picked over Konsa so it's a case of playing with him.

I don't like Tielemans in CM, but there are no other options, hopefully with a back 3 its a bit easier for him there. Think Bailey deserves to start at this point but he wont play LM so it's him or Diaby, he's the fresher of the two as well. Possible Watkins is unable to play 90 mins, so I think it would be good to bring Diaby off the bench for 30. I'd prefer Ramsey over Zaniolo but not sure he's ready.

Emi

Konsa Carlos Pau Digne

McGinn Luiz Tielemans Zaniolo

Bailey Watkins

Edited by AndyM3000
  • Like 1

On 30/11/2023 at 08:37, rjw63 said:

Pretty much anything will be an improvement on last seasons shitshow.

God I remember that, it was like 11 players picked off the street without any semblance of a team, it was a horror show 

• Like 1