ender4

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Happy for Youri, I did suspect he would get his start ahead of Zaniolo/Leon!

Solid team!

Wouldn't shock me if we played the same midfield at Spurs tbh so this could be good preparation for them all to understand their positioning on and off the ball.

Needs Kamara and Luiz to avoid being booked today of course so Tielemans getting a prem start makes total sense as insurance for that aswell.

• Like 1

Tielemans deserves his chance. Be interesting to see who’s wider in that midfield. All 4 are arguably central midfielders. 

Zaniolo and Bailey both deserve to be dropped. Have been awful when starting games for ages. Bailey a good option off the bench, Zaniolo a good option when we’re at least 3 goals clear. 

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

good attacking options off the bench!

Only really Bailey and Moreno who can have an impact.

Hope we get to see Moreno at some point

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

Duran and Zaniolo can offer plenty of impact too. 

Zaniolo with zero goals and assist in 9 matches

Duran not played in ages. Who knows what fitness he is in

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The high line has us in our highest league position in a decade and back in Europe. Why on earth would you want to drop it?

Stop coming round these parts with your sensible rational thoughts. 

1 minute ago, Exeter Fan Too said:

have to smile, hearing someone say this week that both Bailey and Zaniolo were better off the bench, so really difficult to say which one should start.

So Emery's solved that conundrum!

Tielemans solves it by starting to perform. Bailey started the season well but been off the boil last few weeks. Zaniolo not quite hot his stride. Tielemans starting to show what we signed him for. 

They will all drop in and out of form during the season I suspect, but nice they we have a few options that can all, on their day, be exceptional. Bailey is also consistently quite threatening off the bench.