ender4

10 hours ago, ender4 said:

Can we equal the record of 12 league home wins in a row?

Hopefully, but we'll need us to take our chances and not gift the opposition goals that they shouldn't be getting.

Emery ball works fine, and we need to recognise that one bad game doesn't undermine it all. That Forest game doesn't end 2-0 of its repeated 9 times over, we got unlucky.

We are a different beast at home and we earn the luck that we get there.  Can't see us falling to beat Fulham, provided we first make it through midweek without injury. 

After the **** up v Forest and getting out of jail a bit last night, I'd expect us to be on it. We're generally good with responses. So no slackness, no assumptions, win the game by being aggressive and fast from the off. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mister_a said:

Great - Michael Oliver on VAR

It doesn't matter who the ref or VAR is.

They are all incompetent imo. I don't think the standard of officials in the top flight has ever been as poor as it is now.

• Like 1

Referees have never been under so much scrutiny as they are now. All fans these days routinely moan about referees and how they robbed their team week in week out. Seen some references on here about the non corner goal last night but surprisingly no one moaning about it. It was undoubtedly a s**t decision but benefited us so that’s ok then ?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, smg said:

Referees have never been under so much scrutiny as they are now. All fans these days routinely moan about referees and how they robbed their team week in week out. Seen some references on here about the non corner goal last night but surprisingly no one moaning about it. It was undoubtedly a s**t decision but benefited us so that’s ok then ?

Probably because their goal had a hint of offside about it (although maybe it was on), more noteworthy is that Lenglet’s disallowed goal appears to have been followed up with an apology by the officials.

So maybe there’s claret and blue specs on, but I think the sometimes-two-wrongs-do-make-a-right-so-it-all-evens-out hat is also being worn.

Anyway. Fulham game. Please win Villa.

13 minutes ago, smg said:

Different topic but, they are under more scrutiny than ever because of VAR and the search for perfection in a spontaneous sport and that is putting them under more pressure.

I'm happy to see referees make judgement calls and if they get it wrong so be it. But now they know they have a so called safety net of VAR to help them out and they get it wrong far too often.

Every club in every league gets a crap decision at some point in time. Regardless of all that i still believe the standard of officials is appalling and they lack accountability. Few if any apply the law of common sense.

Good to see UE confirming that Moreno is available for Sundays game. Having him say that i would expect him to play a part and maybe even start.

Admittedly haven't watched a lot of Fulham this year and surprised to find them joint lowest scorers and all the underlying stats are not helpful either.

Finally a clean sheet for Emi?

Somehow we tend to gift goals right now so I don't have high hopes but this is one we really should be winning comfortably given their form.

Feels a long time since we've had a regulation type 2-0 win.

One of those score early on which we do quite a bit and then add another towards the end. Haven't kept a clean sheet for a while at VP either so this feels a good game to do it.

Fulham will be competitive but they're far poorer at both ends compared to last season. Real Mitrovic void in final third and if we press them then likes of Bassey will just give us us the ball.

Think we'll win this comfortably.

5 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Admittedly haven't watched a lot of Fulham this year and surprised to find them joint lowest scorers and all the underlying stats are not helpful either.

Finally a clean sheet for Emi?

Somehow we tend to gift goals right now so I don't have high hopes but this is one we really should be winning comfortably given their form.

They basically replaced Mitrovic with combination of Raul Jimenez and Carlos Vinicius.

Need to sign someone decent upfront in January otherwise they'll go pretty close to actually getting relegated.

9 hours ago, imavillan said:

It doesn't matter who the ref or VAR is.

They are all incompetent imo. I don't think the standard of officials in the top flight has ever been as poor as it is now.

there are 2 solid refs in the prem

3 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

Names please

Robert Jones is one of them. The guy with the muscles. Can't think of the other one's name but he's pretty good too. Dark hair.

• Haha 1