ender4

10 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Zaniolo with zero goals and assist in 9 matches

Duran not played in ages. Who knows what fitness he is in

You're right... Let's get back to the regularly scheduled pre doom scenario hypotheticals and start moaning about the transfer window etc.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Hhmmmm should I stay up for this (00:30 ko)one and go to work on stuff all sleep. I dont like missing matches at Villa Park!

The same question i ask myself every Sunday.

Interested to see how Tielemans does with the Luiz-Kamara axis behind. Usually when he starts he's been coming in for one of them in the cups, I think only AZ away where we had the 3 start together before and that was his best game.

Other than the win, main hope today is that max one of Kamara and Luiz get booked - can't afford to go to Spurs missing both.

30 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Zaniolo with zero goals and assist in 9 matches

Duran not played in ages. Who knows what fitness he is in

Zaniolo has been close on plenty of occasions, he will score at some point. The impact isn’t purely measured on goals and assists anyway. 

If Duran gets on the pitch then we can assume that Emery thinks he’s fit enough to play, and if he’s fit enough then he’s more than capable of making an impact, have you forgotten what happened against Palace?

Edited by It's Your Round

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

Zaniolo has been close on plenty of occasions, he will score at some point. The impact isn’t purely measured on goals and assists anyway. 

If Duran gets on the pitch then we can assume that Emery thinks he’s fit enough to play, and if he’s fit enough then he’s more than capable of making an impact, have you forgotten what happened against Palace?

It is noticeable how much space Digne has had in recent games - I think partly because our left midfielder (Zaniolo or McGinn recently) play a bit more centrally and so drag the defenders infield.

My mate is going to watch the game with his dad today. It's a running joke that we NEVER win when they watch a game together. They watch 2-3 home games a season. This run goes back to the 2000 FA cup final, it's something crazy like 2W 15D 75L

1 minute ago, allani said:

It is noticeable how much space Digne has had in recent games - I think partly because our left midfielder (Zaniolo or McGinn recently) play a bit more centrally and so drag the defenders infield.

Yep, the ‘wingers’ form the front two of the box midfield which like you say naturally draws the opposition inside. The great thing with Zaniolo and McGinn (and Ramsey) is that they’re both capable of going past players like a winger would but centrally, it scares defenders and gives us so much space for our full backs. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think they'll be playing low block counter attacking football so having extra guile with Tielemans is better than pace of Zaniolo/Bailey.

I think its the fact that bailey and zaniolo haven't been good enough. We really need to sign another winger.