Ratings & Reactions: Wolves v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/10/23 at 22:59

Not terrible, but maybe were showing a bit more of the effects of playing midweek, a few players below par. Think the game went more the way Wolves wanted it, in terms of being scrappy and interrupted, never got any real flow or sustained pressure going, and couldn't get the forwards involved enough.

Could've snatched it but draw prob fair on balance of play.

Motm prob Konsa or Carlos who were both solid. Nobody shone in forward positions.

• Like 2

didn't deserve to win but we had 3 glorious chances in stoppage time. Makes it feel like a loss in the end.

International break at a good time for some players to get some proper rest.

2 big home games coming up after the break. Need to remain positive. 

Edited by TheMightyVillans
  • Like 1

Just now, osmark86 said:

Smug, yes. But honestly thought that for a derby ref performance, that was a pretty decent one from the ref all in all.

I'd say he was bad in both directions, which I guess is better than what you usually get.

That was hard work to watch. We hate teams in ginger. At least we stopped losing to these Representatives for Wellingborough.

But we were, first 10 minutes aside, utter turd. No doubt MOTD will have a wankfest over Dawson's performance, but Watkins was piss poor throughout. Our passing was far too wayward at times and we lacked so much energy.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Apart from his assist and hitting the post at the death.

He wasn't great, but he was incredibly isolated for most of that game

Yeah the assist was good.

I'm not blaming him. But he was invisible in that second half. He had a chance with the last kick of the game, but I think if we'd had more energy and strength we'd have created more chances in 12 minutes of added time against 10 Men 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, rbcuk said:

Thought that header had gone in from Watkins, should have done more when they was down to 10

To be fair I thought we created at least 3 really good chances in the 10 mins we had the man advantage 

Standard Wolves game, ended a draw and we struggled with Neto (as usual) and Hwang (now he's in a bit of form). Frustrating how we can never seem to beat these. 

Martinez MOTM for making himself big when Neto really should have won it for them, that saved a point. Scrappy, not fluent, overall a somewhat frustrating watch but the draw a fair result. 

Very laboured performance lacking any real spark. 

Wolves were so consistent with the niggling fouls which made for pretty terrible viewing. 

Referee was appalling. 

Those two chances in injury time should have been buried although I think 3 points would have flattered us 

They beat Man City last time out, so to get a point is not the end of the world. 

I think if we'd upped the tempo more at times and got at them a bit more we'd have won it. 

Neto is a player we should be seriously looking at come January, he was their only real threat and had us on toast down the left at times. 

Least we didn't lose in their World Cup Final, dirty dog head idiots. 

Just now, sne said:

I'd say he was bad in both directions, which I guess is better than what you usually get.

He could have given everything, but then that would have been a terrible game. I'm glad he saw through some of the more cynical stuff from both teams tbh. Probably should have sent Semedo off too though.

• Like 1

I feel like we paid Wolves too much respect  today with our lineup. I’d have fancied us if we’d taken the game to them. We had very little going forward. 

Ref was appalling. Constantly ignoring fouls and inconsistent in decisions. Push on Watkins was the clearest penalty you will see all season. Heavy push in the back as the player was shooting. It’s the definition of a foul. Disgrace it was let go. 

Good goal by Torres but for our marquee defensive signing, he’s poor defensively and scarily slow. He’d be third choice behind Carlos and Konsa for me. 

Feels like two points dropped. 

As we stay at the upper end of the table , more mid/lower teams will employ low block against us , as taking a point would be decent result for them. 
 We really need a No.10 type player that link midfield to attack. Luis is decent but never a 10 .. 

• Like 1

I thought we played ok, but were nullified by a team not trying to even play. They set up for the draw and got a lucky goal. 
We could’ve had a couple, but wasn’t to be, so I’ll take a point away from home. 
Have a good break lads, consolidate, and learn more for next time.

• Like 2

Disappointing because it's definitely 2 points dropped imo. We could've won that game. However, 2 wins and a draw in just over a week I'll isn't a bad return. We've got to sort our away form out though because we can be far to slow and passive for long periods.

• Like 1

Â