Ratings & Reactions: Wolves v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/10/23 at 22:59

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I think people forget how competitive most of the Premier League is. Wolves beat Man City last week, they're not a bad team. Add in to the mix it being a local derby, then I think a point isn't too bad. 

It’s not a bad point it was a very competitive derby type game. , I’m a little frustrated we didn’t win because we had some great chances in first half then again at the end, clear as daylight pen as well. 

Annoying that we were very mediocre for first 30 mins of second half but few of them looked a bit leggy. 

25 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Cheeky quotes from O'Neill, hope we stuff them at VP.

Luckily we don’t have to worry too much about O’Neill and his band of rocket polishers other than twice a season. Let him say what he wants and we can waive at him from above 

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Good point.

Some poor individual performances but I thought he set us up fine for the win there.

I agree - we have a terrible record at that place and to be fair - Wolves do have some good footballers, they will be comfortably mid table imo 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, striker said:

However Luiz was poor again today so I expect Villa to sign at least one and probably two quality starting midfielders in January

Do you watch football? Or are you trolling?

Luiz was OK against Wolves but to suggest he has been anything other than Villa's standout player so far this season is wrong.

• Like 3

frustrating...decent point but would've been massive to win that. very scrappy game that didn't suit us at all. felt like there should've been another 2 minutes added on at least due to their time wasting during stoppage time

OK, the official report:

A really niggly game.

Villa were the better team, but not that much better.

A draw was not an unfair result, but a win would not have been too unfair either.

Luiz is fine. Maybe not a great game by his standards, but OK.

I wish Pau was a little bit quicker. Glad Pau scored ... major disappointment I had stepped to the bathroom for the goal.

A lot of passes were either short or we did not read them correctly.

I did not think anybody stood out (positively or negatively) 

Cash got the MotM for me (almost be default)

The referee was distinctly average, but I still don't understand the reasoning for not calling the push on Watkins' back for the penalty.

If Unai is going to wear a tie he has to learn how to do a double Windsor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Cheeky quotes from O'Neill, hope we stuff them at VP.

He’s a boring-monotone-voiced prick, like most at the custard bowl 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Digavilla said:

Yes definitely , his tenacity in pressing/ composure and clever passes to our strikers .. 

Good player but inconsistent being put into ‘ the less he plays, the better he gets’ category. He has good days but there are plenty on here who have questioned his contributions over a number of games.

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

He’s a boring-monotone-voiced prick, like most at the custard bowl 

Is Molineux as junky a ground as it looks on TV? I always hated how it looks.

15 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Is Molineux as junky a ground as it looks on TV? I always hated how it looks.

I’ve only been once many years ago, it was shit then and a few new ginger seats doesn’t make it any better 

• Like 2

I hate a team that foul to break up play, foul persistently, and then flop straight into their coffin when contact comes back at them.   I also hate when a referee allows them to ugly up the game with that.  Finally, I despise fans that urge it on and feed off it.   

other than that, it was a good day.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

I hate a team that foul to break up play, foul persistently, and then flop straight into their coffin when contact comes back at them.   I also hate when a referee allows them to ugly up the game with that.  Finally, I despise fans that urge it on and feed off it.   

other than that, it was a good day.  

Refs are being told to try and let the game flow which I get. But letting blatant foul after foul go by is ridiculous. Saying that he still gave us 20 freekicks and them 10!  Not a pretty game at all.

We have to beat these lower teams.

I would have been embarrassed to be a wolves fan and see their players rolling around the fall after an accidental slap. Good job they hadn't been slapped by my mom

I think Unai must take some of the blame for points dropped here. Diaby and Ollie did nothing IMO. OK Ollie hi the post in final minute. But I think he should have been taken off about 70 minutes. Diaby ought to have gone much earlier. Yes hindsight is a wonderful think . 

Edited by Robtaylor200

1 hour ago, Robtaylor200 said:

We have to beat these lower teams.

I would have been embarrassed to be a wolves fan and see their players rolling around the fall after an accidental slap. Good job they hadn't been slapped by my mom

I think Unai must take some of the blame for points dropped here. Diaby and Ollie did nothing IMO. OK Ollie hi the post in final minute. But I think he should have been taken off about 70 minutes. Diaby ought to have gone much earlier. Yes hindsight is a wonderful think . 

Let’s not forget they beat City last week and should have beaten Liverpool. We should have won but they are no mugs.

Â