Ratings & Reactions: Wolves v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/10/23 at 22:59

Think the ref has been watching too much rugby because he let a lot of things go today

Including that bloody stiff arm shove in Ollie's back. However why Ollie himself wasn't up screaming penalty I'll never know - I really think villa are poor at some of the snidier darker arts of the game sometimes 

• Like 2

We looked a bit off today which is understandable considering the schedule and us having a lot of players injured and by the looks of it some carrying minor injuries but still playing. Not usually a fan of the international breaks but the timing of this one is kinda great for us.

• Like 1

I only saw about 15 minutes worth before gave up with terrible streams. Sounds like we weren’t at our best but could have won at the end. 

Chance to regroup now with a decent run of fixtures. And despite a disappointing draw, we are still 5th, which is brilliant really considering the injury list. 

• Like 1

A point more than we got at Molineux last season and when you factor in the injuries we have and the players playing on Thursday IMO that is a decent result.

Try and regroup now we have the international break and in the words of Paul Lambert "we go again".

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 4

Weren’t sure how wolves would do this season but they have been decent so far probably better than some people think . As I said earlier better teams will give us an easier game than that. Our squad is at full stretch with injuries and extra cup games , so to go there today and get something  against a very well set up wolves team was credit to the team and manager. Glad this fixture is out of the way now and we come away with something. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Think the ref has been watching too much rugby because he let a lot of things go today

Including that bloody stiff arm shove in Ollie's back. However why Ollie himself wasn't up screaming penalty I'll never know - I really think villa are poor at some of the snidier darker arts of the game sometimes 

You mean cheating ?

Physical game suited wolves,  in front of their fans. Ref let to much go and couldn't go back from there. Push on ollie in the box was stupid and would have been a penalty 80% of the time.

Decent point under the circumstances and our past results at Wolves plus the fact they scored first. 

• Like 1

Formation all wrong for me, 5 at the back, left our midfield shirt and over run at times, point a fair result, but our play was to slow and predictable.

Ref was average/poor, let a lot go that should of been fouls then gives a foul fir nothing , VAR should of given pen, all ex pro's on commentary saying if the push/shove was outside the box it's a free kick and ref gives it, why is it not the same in the box, the shove put ollie of balance and why he sliced his shot, bit he should of done better with it anyway.

1 point is better than losing as we could of easily lost that, onto the next game.

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

We’ve got to find some consistency somehow, despite all of the injuries. We have been so up and down with performances and results…

Maybe this break now is much needed…

If someone had told me after the 5-1 that we would be above Newcastle sitting in 5th after 8 games i would have told them they were mental.  For me i like the fact that we have only played really well once and still picking points up everywhere. 

We are playing so much more football than we are used to. Have some horrific injury issues all down the left of our team and are having to flog the life out of some players because of it. 

I saw resilience today. Our tactics didnt  work but we dug in . 

Lets hope that we can get a few players who aremt being called up to have a mini break for a few days. They have earned it . 

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

If someone had told me after the 5-1 that we would be above Newcastle sitting in 5th after 8 games i would have told them they were mental.  For me i like the fact that we have only played really well once and still picking points up everywhere. 

We are playing so much more football than we are used to. Have some horrific injury issues all down the left of our team and are having to flog the life out of some players because of it. 

I saw resilience today. Our tactics didnt  work but we dug in . 

Lets hope that we can get a few players who aremt being called up to have a mini break for a few days. They have earned it . 

I get it, but you can see how frustrated Unai is too. We aren’t being consistent with our style or performances…

I’m desperate for Moreno and JJ to return, they makes us a much better side… but there’s not much detail/update on one (hopefully back after the break) and the other has suffered a reoccurrence… which will keep him out for a further 6 weeks at least 😞 

No doubt we have had such rotten luck with injuries and would have been in an even better/strong position without them…

We just have to find a way to keep playing relatively well and the way Unai wants… player performances are erratic… despite the extenuating circumstances… 

1 hour ago, stewiek2 said:

I'll happily accept Everton swirling around the plughole and surviving if these utter horrible c*** get relegated.

Such a horrid and detestable bunch, the lot of em. “Play style” suits them… dirtbags.

• Like 1

Â