limpid

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Apary from cash shot we have created very little

That ball that fell to Luiz at the edge of the area was a great chance. Well defended by Wolves who had 3 guys throwing themselves at it and managed to block. That long range effort from McGinn was inches away from going in. But yeah, I'm hoping for more in the 2nd half.

• Like 1

Just now, PieFacE said:

Tactical stalemate so far. Feel we need either Ollie or Diaby to play a bit deeper to try and link things up a bit.

Not sure playing deeper would help us. Just need to somehow get hold of that midfield 

1 minute ago, maltesemike said:

We clearly missing that extra body in the middle. But three at the back has been solid. Difficult one.

Said in the pre match I'm not a fan of 3 /5 at the back but needed Digne to have his crossing boots on.

Well so far we've either not crossed or crossed badly. 

We've been struggling through the middle all season so we're currently very short on routes to goal 

Think this match will be won by a single goal. 

Emery won't be happy imo. 

Wolves have dragged us down to their level, we are not getting enough players on the ball apart from our centre backs. Our forwards are isolated, Diaby doesn't seem 100% so maybe Zaniolo comes on. 

Although I'm not sure the formation is really working, we are matching them and guarding the threat of their counter but we are just as likely to gift them a soft goal.

McGinn needs to calm down now, there's having an edge and then going over it and getting sent off. We really need to try and find Luiz in more space as when we do things open up. 

Just now, avfc1982am said:

I think we need to lose a CB and get another body in midfield. I'd take off Carlos and bring on Zaniolo and get Dougie to sit in the middle with Kamara. 

Problem with that is we give hee-chan more of a opportunity to score. So far he hasnt had a sniff. Im tempted take mcginn off ans get bailey on. The pace will cause wolves issues

Most cautious I’ve seen Emery set us up this season but sometimes it’s required.  Would have played into their hands offering them constant counter attacks.

Looking to sneak one second half and chalk up proper gritty away win.

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Nah it’s slow time in Wolverhampton hence why they are behind the times in everything 

Most certainly is, I’ve been trying to convince my Mrs that taking one up the wrongun is the fashionable thing today. However being the typical Wolverhampton lass she won’t have any of it

• Haha 2

We started really well then we have let them into the game and make it into a battle. 

We may well need our bench to win this. Diaby looks off it and may well not be fully fit so I'd consider Duran or Bailey for him and if we want to be brave bring on Zaniolo for McGinn for not only more attacking threat but because he is one silly foul from being sent off. 

Just now, Tom13 said:

And then not concede. Then we'll win ;)

If they score first we’ll get beat. If we score first we’ll get at least a draw but wolves will then have to leave gaps which we could exploit for the second goal 

• Like 1

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Not sure playing deeper would help us. Just need to somehow get hold of that midfield 

We also need to cut out the sloppy passing and get some off the ball movement to our play. Hard I know when Wolves are practically going man to man.