Jareth

5 hours ago, villarule123 said:

All it takes is a Haaland season ending injury 😆

He's not scoring like he did last year, at least not yet. Meanwhile, I don't think it's a coincidence that they lost two matches today without Rodri. He makes the side run. If something happens to him, they will be vulnerable.

On 30/09/2023 at 20:19, Sulberto21 said:

Been waiting for this thread. I’ll run naked through the entire West Midlands if we win the league.

If there's ever been a good enough reason to bookmark a single VT comment it's this ^^^^

• Haha 1

currently 5th.  playing 13 this weekend.   4th and 6 playing each other, so the opportunity to move up is real.  Winning the league is a bridge to far this season IMO, (we need more consistency and more depth) but top 4 would suit.

Tottenham being talked about as title contenders after being gifted a victory at home to Liverpool to take them two points above us.

If them, why not us? Finished higher last season and we've strengthened (but then had major injury setbacks) while they've weakened, manager aside (yet to be really seen though).

Edited by fightoffyour

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

Tottenham being talked about as title contenders after being gifted a victory at home to Liverpool to take them two points above us.

If them, why not us? Finished higher last season and we've strengthened (but then had major injury setbacks) while they've weakened, manager aside (yet to be really sen though).

Totally agree.

Spurs will lose Son, Bissouma and Sarr for a whole month in January. Maddison is made of glass, I'd be surprised if he stays fit. The new manager bounce honeymoon might not last for ever. 

• Like 1

Not quite time for us to start singing "Win the League" again, just yet in my opinion...perhaps after Christmas;). At least if we just miss out on the title this time, we will have the consolation of Champions League football next season (as well as having won the conference league, of course). :flag:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

If them, why not us? Finished higher last season and we've strengthened (but then had major injury setbacks) while they've weakened, manager aside (yet to be really seen though).

We've also had the tougher games IMO. And had to play three more competitive fixtures in the same time. And had bad luck in our toughest games while they appear to have had a fair amount of luck in their most difficult fixtures.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

If them, why not us? 

Why not neither. We probably won't be able to challenge for the top four over the course of the season nevermind the title. 

Win the conference league and finish in the top 6 will be a great season. 

41 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Why not neither. We probably won't be able to challenge for the top four over the course of the season nevermind the title. 

Win the conference league and finish in the top 6 will be a great season. 

Well yes, neither is probably the most sensible approach. But you can’t have one and not the other is my point.

Key here is to keep looking up and take the opportunity when it comes, now we should think only of Mostar, finish that and then think of Wolves, with a hope of win and also good circumstances to make us second (with a point to 1st). Then go to the break and again think of West Ham to end our record against them and hope to get 1st that week. 
What I hate is looking at 5 games and start seeing what’s possible or not, just take it game by game and see where it takes us to. 
I’m more confident with Ramsey back. Hopefully Moreno as well, he’ll be important against teams that defend.