January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

7 minutes ago, richp999 said:

Whatever makes you happy 😆

If you're happy with the donc, then fine, but do you really think we'll be getting rodri or de bruyne to pop down to B6 to sit on the bench as backup to Kamara ?

For a short 6 month DM backup till the end of the season, tell me another recent premier league winner and England International that'll come and do that job for us ?

Normally I might have the same view of Henderson as you, but in this particular case , a short term backup, we could do much, much worse.  

We have a particular problem when Kamara is out, and we have seen The Donc doesnt quite cut it.

Henderson is knackered. As another poster put it, the fact that the scumbag in charge of our national side still picks him is a disgrace.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Crysencio Summerville and a similar RB to how Moreno operates on the left side would be superb imo 👏🏽

I genuinely thought you'd made the name up and I was going to respond by saying how much I'd love us to sign Salisburestia Wintertown. Then I looked him up.

Can we sign him for his name alone? Utterly love it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, burchy said:

Wondering if we’re getting Philogene back as Hull are looking at loaning Carvalho from Liverpool and he plays predominantly on the RW, cutting in like Philogene.

Makes sense for the homegrown quota. 

Why would we buy a player back 6 months after selling him, makes no sense whatsoever!

36 minutes ago, TRO said:

Like it or not, part of being a centre forward ( with effect) is holding the ball up. Top quality centre backs would be too physical for Moussa, he would be negated.

Zaniolo should be able to handle the physical aspect of that role, be interesting to see if he could play there in Watkin's absence?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Zaniolo should be able to handle the physical aspect of that role, be interesting to see if he could play there in Watkin's absence?

I think he could and would.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MSvillain said:

The annual Jonathan David link has come early this year, no idea on the reliability of the source!

Total crap we are spending that on a striker

47 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Why would we buy a player back 6 months after selling him, makes no sense whatsoever!

I was putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5. He’s still an U21 player so wouldn’t help us out HG wise even if we did bring him back, we’ll not at the moment anyway. 

16 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Total crap we are spending that on a striker

I don’t think the story is true but I don’t see why we wouldn’t spend <£40m on another versatile striker.  If Duran went for £20m+,  then I think we’d move to the next level up in striker and not a sidewards move for somebody as raw as Duran.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Think Zaniolo has a lot of the required qualities to his game, you could actually argue that he would make a better striker than winger. Strong, direct, cracking shot, strong on both feet, good in the air, makes surprisingly good runs. 

Italy manager thinks and says the same too… I really hope we see him more central and not on the wing so much… 

he has excellent technique too…

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I don’t think the story is true but I don’t see why we wouldn’t spend <£40m on another versatile striker.  If Duran went for £20m+,  then I think we’d move to the next level up in striker and not a sidewards move for somebody as raw as Duran.

I don't think we'd get £20m for Duran, we signed him for £13m and he hasn't really done anything in the PL since.

I also don't think we have much leeway with FFP to spend £30-40m net this January. 

• Like 1

I have no idiea how much FFP will allow us to do any business this January.

Gut feeling is telling me we will do very little

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Henderson is finished, it's the reason Liverpool shifted him out, legs aren't suitable for PL football any more, him still playing for England is pure Southgate being a clown 

He's also not a DM

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

A hard no to Henderson. His decision will haunt him professionally and there will be a media circus at every game. We just don’t need the hassle. 

If he goes anywhere it will be to Newcastle, they would find some way to get near to the salary demands that he would make, with a little help with their Saudi investors. Him and Phillips should offer them the pedestrian midfield they seem to be looking for (perhaps Southgate is giving Howe some helpful tips;)). I would have perhaps taken Henderson 3 or 4 years ago, but as has been said, he's way past his best now and wouldn't be worth the high wages he would anticipate getting.