January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

20 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Can see us going for someone versatile who we slowly bed in like Antonio Nusa, Kenan Yildiz, or Roony Bardghji but also has the ability to contribute straight away. 

Nusa would be so great.

We are linked to Thilo Kehrer on some West Ham sites. Seems unlikely since he can't get into a middling West Ham team but he has played under Emery at PSG (or did he join after?) and he fits the CB/RB type we might be looking at. Especially IF Barca are to recall Clément Lenglet to sell him.

Edited by sne

Eze or Olise for me. Both would add something attacking wise and both would be a better option than Zaniolo, who has disappointed me. 

Other than that, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Last thing we need is 2 or 3 coming in and having to 'adapt' to Emery and how we play. Only option on that front is Unai brings in players who know his ways inside out - like Moreno & Pau - who will take little time to settle. 

3 hours ago, Jareth said:

Is Alex Baena any good? Seems to be linked a little bit.

Absolutely...  If we decide to go a different direction from Zaniolo next summer, Baena would be an awesome addition to the squad.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Eze or Olise for me. Both would add something attacking wise and both would be a better option than Zaniolo, who has disappointed me. 

Other than that, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Last thing we need is 2 or 3 coming in and having to 'adapt' to Emery and how we play. Only option on that front is Unai brings in players who know his ways inside out - like Moreno & Pau - who will take little time to settle. 

Just bring Philogene back.  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Just bring Philogene back.  

Championship level is so much lower than PL as shown by the excellent promoted teams really struggling this season.  So while JPB is playing well doesn’t mean he’s a top 4 quality player. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

If they were open to a loan, how would folks feel about bringing Kalvin Phillips in for the rest of the season to give us some depth?

On loan, if we had an injury to Kamara, maybe. He wouldn't get much more game time here though otherwise. I'd rather give Tim more games. He has a higher ceiling and his development is better for our future.

9 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Can’t see us getting Eze, I’m sure he recently signed a new deal.

1 minute ago, PerryBarrPet said:

I sincerely hope you are right. This has to be the time to push on.

Im sure we would if we could but FFP might be an obstacle here 😞