Pre-Match Thread Cup Final 3 of 37

TheAuthority

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Id have bailey on bench. He is usually not good in away matches and cash has been good there so lets stick with that for now. Bailey will be handy in a tired liverpool defence

Im still stunned VVDs red was not over turned

Don’t want to go off topic but why would it be overturned ? By the laws of the game it was a red. 

Im more surprised it wasn’t increased due to his reaction. 

I agree with Bailey being on the bench. We should go with same team as at Burnley.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Id have bailey on bench. He is usually not good in away matches and cash has been good there so lets stick with that for now. Bailey will be handy in a tired liverpool defence

Im still stunned VVDs red was not over turned

Nah, it was a clear red. It’s just a shame Gomez looked pretty decent when he came on.

37 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I got a bad feeling about today. Bit like how I felt before Newcastle game.  😞 

I have a worringly positive feeling about this one. Kind of the same I hade before the newcastle game... This will end badly.  😢 

I hate this fixture, as well as the one at Old Trafford because you just know that it a player goes down in the box, it will be a penalty to Liverpool. 

Can’t ever predict a win away at Liverpool but we have as much chance as we have done in the last 15 years. 

22 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Don’t want to go off topic but why would it be overturned ? By the laws of the game it was a red. 

Im more surprised it wasn’t increased due to his reaction. 

I agree with Bailey being on the bench. We should go with same team as at Burnley.

Because its liverpool 

No other reason. It was a blatent red glad it hasnt as uts right decision

• Like 1

Will we go with the same plan as we did against Burnley, let them have the ball and break quickly on them.  Probably with that was they didn't really want the ball for long periods so we had to draw them out of shape.

Really hope Martinez is fit!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

Will we go with the same plan as we did against Burnley, let them have the ball and break quickly on them. 

I suspect the answer is "definitely not". That was a plan designed specifically for Burnley, no doubt after watching videos. As Spuds found out yesterday, Burnley set out to score more than you do and don't exactly prioritise defence so are massively wide open at the back. Liverpool don't play like Burnley so we'll have a different plan for sure !

Edited by Paul33

Liverpool were pretty rubbish when I watched them last week, but of course VVD's sending off changed the game massively. The fact that they did a smash and grab raid on those 3 points was obviously great for them - it's the sort of thing good teams do is win when they're playing rubbish. The Hungarian guy has great delivery, especially from set pieces and Mac Allister's quality is obvious but their midfield still looked disjointed and I think Kamara and Luiz could get a grip of this. Endo was a bit anonymous.

• Like 1

In majorca so no doubt all the bin dippers will come out the woodwork today although it's pissing it down.

Wife warned at start of holiday I want 2 hours to watch this so it will have to be on my phone as I'm a terrible person watching.

Hopefully a 2 nil victory for us but anything is possible at the moment. 🤞🤞🤞

Hopefully Villa can get something out of this, a draw would be fine.

However surely with the mainstay of their defence out we can give them a good game; never a better opportunity.

If the game is still in the balance I have a feeling Zaniolo will get on for thirty minutes and turn the game (hopefully).

UTV