Pre-Match Thread Cup Final 3 of 37

TheAuthority

40 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Hope the Saudis keep this big Salah offers coming over the next 48 hours… £200m on Sunday morning ideally…

But Liverpool raking in £200 for an aging winger -- not sure I want that. Would rather draw or beat them along with Mo on Sunday. Winning at Anfield is statistically next to impossible. Didn't they only lose at home a single time last year or something crazy like that?

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Looking forward to this, should be a good game. All results plausible. With Unai you know we'll play well and have good plans, we just need to make sure we take our chances. Time to be clinical Ollie....

I would argue that a result of 634 to 12,982 is not plausible.  But other than that, you are correct.😉

It would be foolish and unrealistic to expect we turn up there and take the points, but it is totally possible when you consider how well drilled and tactically flexible Emery is. I can see Klopp preparing them to try to devastate our high line only to find we set up in a completely different way. I can see lots of goals and entertainment, but it’s impossible to predict a result. Just happy that we can go with the feeling of having a good chance, and know we will play well regardless. 

Edited by It's Your Round
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

It would be foolish and unrealistic to expect we turn up there and take the points, but it is totally possible when you consider how well drilled and tactically flexible Emery is. I can see Klopp preparing them to try to devastate our high line only to find we set up in a completely different way. I can see lots of goals and entertainment, but it’s impossible to predict a result. Just happy that we can go with the feeling of having a good chance, and know we will play well regardless. 

What more can one ask, really, especially when you consider how far we've come so quickly? I mean, jesus -- we've been ****-ing incredible. It's almost too easy to forget that these days. And now we're headed to Anfield, and the Reds know they'll -- at the very least -- have some serious unpleasantness visited upon them.

(28 May 2019) Aston Villa are back in the Premier League after beating Derby County 2-1 in the Championship play-off final at Wembley Stadium on Monday.

Anwar El Ghazi scored in the first half, with John McGinn putting them 2-0 up with 30 minutes to go.

Jack Marriott's strike in the 81st minute, which was deflected by Martyn Waghorn, got a goal back.

But even with seven minutes of injury time, Frank Lampard's Derby couldn't force an equaliser.

spacer.png

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

What more can one ask, really, especially when you consider how far we've come so quickly? I mean, jesus -- we've been ****-ing incredible. It's almost too easy to forget that these days. And now we're headed to Anfield, and the Reds know they'll -- at the very least -- have some serious unpleasantness visited upon them.

spacer.png

I wish somebody in the team would grow a Jedinak quality beard.   Douglas isn’t getting it done.   That’s all we’re missing to win the league.  

Edited by srsmithusa
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

I wish somebody in the team would grow a Jedi Al quality beard.   Douglas isn’t getting it done.   That’s all we’re missing to win the league.  

Diego with a long beard would be able to give forwards death stares at will.

20 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Well, had a look at a Pool forum. On the positive side, they definitely take the Villa seriously. A few grudgers seem to think we wrecked their CL chance. There are some "I have a bad feeling about this" types -- same as we have here. On the negative side, they think our left is vulnerable and Bailey is a real weak spot if he plays on the left. One said we're basically gate-crashers trying to get into the Big Six party and we need to be "put in our place." I wouldn't say they're disrespectful. I saw admiration for Emery and McGinn. Don't seem to realise we have Nicolo now. 

My favourite one was "Villa are going to give us a hiding." 😁

• Like 1

Its nice to be getting the recognition and respect we deserve now. Most neutrals online are expecting us to win the conference and have a good season in the league. Klopp thinks we’ll definitely be up there this season. This is how it should be.

Its a really strange time to be living in with all the shite going on in the world, but at least Villa’s standing in the pecking order has recalibrated back to its rightful place. 

• Like 2