Pre-Match Thread Cup Final 3 of 37

TheAuthority

Looking forward to this one and have had a good feeling all week about. I think we will come away with something.

Definately looking forward to seeing Zaniolo being unleashed at their defence which will also have no VVD for this one either.   😁

Martinez

Cash   Carlos   Torres   Digne

Luiz    

Diaby        McGinn       Bailey 

Zaniolo

Watkins

Is how I think we will possibly line up.

3-0 Villa  - Diaby, Zaniolo, Watkins.

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Looking forward to this one and have had a good feeling all week about. I think we will come away with something.

Definately looking forward to seeing Zaniolo being unleashed at their defence which will also have no VVD for this one either.   😁

Martinez

Luiz    

Zaniolo

Watkins

Is Kamara injured?

Definitely feels like a game where we can punish their defence and score goals, I fancy Diaby to wreak havoc. They will be saying the same though. Goals-a-plenty. Probably end up 1-1 🤣

Let’s hope Salah’s mind isn’t on the job and it somehow disrupts their front three. 

26 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Martinez

Luiz    

Zaniolo

Watkins

I don’t think we’ll be quite so bold as to go with Bailey, Zaniolo, Diabyand Watkins. Might leave us a bit exposed. It would be great to see us sweeping forward scoring for fun though. I’d take an exciting 3-4 win, but I don’t think Emery would be impressed with the lack of control there! 

17 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

It will be the same team as against Burnley. Hopefully Emi back in. They look brilliant going forward. Still fancy us to get something though. 

Pretty much agree, can't see Bailey starting over Cash in an away game, especially at Anfield. Cash and Konsa on the right is solid, plus Cash has looked good playing further up on the right. 

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Is Kamara injured?

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

I don’t think we’ll be quite so bold as to go with Bailey, Zaniolo, Diabyand Watkins. Might leave us a bit exposed. It would be great to see us sweeping forward scoring for fun though. I’d take an exciting 3-4 win, but I don’t think Emery would be impressed with the lack of control there! 

I couldn't decide who between Kamara and Luiz to start on the bench if we were going to go with that fantasy line up.

@It's Your Round, true. We will probably start with both Luiz and Kamara with McGinn in front.

Zaniolo will possibly come off the bench in this one.

• Like 3

Gonna be a tough game, Liverpool haven’t lost at home since February against Real Madrid, and haven’t lost in the league there since October to Leeds.

But there defence has never been weaker, and with Salah possibly not in the right frame of mind, could be the perfect time to play them.

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Martinez

Luiz    

Zaniolo

Watkins

We definitely will not, though.

4 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Martinez

Luiz    

Zaniolo

Watkins

No chance we go away to Anfield without playing two holding midfielders, at least in the starting lineup anyway.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

We'd need to be 3 up with a few mins to go to win this one, a point would be a brilliant end to a really good week. Don't think we'll get battered

Simon Hooper & Darren England will somehow make a few mins long enough to engineer a home win.

I think it'll be one of these, depending on whether Unai thinks we have more chance of beating them on the front foot or off the back foot.

-----------------------------Martinez-----------------------------

---------Konsa------------Carlos----------Torres----------

Cash----------Kamara------------Luiz-------------Digne

-----------------------------McGinn------------------------------

---------------Diaby-----------------------------------------------

---------------------------------Watkins-------------------------

-----------------------------Martinez-----------------------------

Konsa-----------Carlos---------Torres------------Digne

--------------------Kamara---------Luiz------------------------

-----------------------------------------McGinn------------------

---Diaby---------------------Zaniolo--------------------------

------------------------------Watkins---------------------------

(Excuse the messy layouts of the front players in both - it's hard to try to put them in spots as we're so flexible).