Pre-Match Thread Cup Final 3 of 37

TheAuthority

Not holding my breath about Van Dijk missing the game. Sure they will appeal and sure they will succeed. Not because it's right but because it's what always happen to the teams in red.

Van dijk and konate out ( if VVDs red card ia over turned then there seriously has to be a formal complaint as its blatent corruption as there is zero grounds to over turn it but it wont suprise me)

If its matip and gomez at cb we really need to rest watkins and diaby for this one so they are fresh.

Liverpool have some fantastic attacking players so can see this being a high scoring game

• Like 2

I thought this match was starting at 4 mins past 4 o’ clock on Sunday and was confused how @TheAuthority knew the exact minute of the 4 min delayed start.  I thought he might have some sneaky plans in place for disruption at the ground.  

Anyway, eventually worked out that he just posted the thread at 16.04 last Sunday and the match actually starts at 2pm. 

It was a wild ride in my brain for 5 mins!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I thought this match was starting at 4 mins past 4 o’ clock on Sunday and was confused how @TheAuthority knew the exact minute of the 4 min delayed start.  I thought he might have some sneaky plans in place for disruption at the ground.  

Anyway, eventually worked out that he just posted the thread at 16.04 last Sunday and the match actually starts at 2pm. 

Come have a drink with me

most-interesting-man-goldsmith-150404475

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

Come have a drink with me

most-interesting-man-goldsmith-150404475

spacer.png

• Haha 2

On 29/08/2023 at 06:32, Demitri_C said:

Van dijk and konate out ( if VVDs red card ia over turned then there seriously has to be a formal complaint as its blatent corruption as there is zero grounds to over turn it but it wont suprise me)

If its matip and gomez at cb we really need to rest watkins and diaby for this one so they are fresh.

Liverpool have some fantastic attacking players so can see this being a high scoring game

It won’t be overturned. If anything he’ll get a longer ban due to his outburst at the referee and 4th official.

VVD and Konate out is a big boost for us. Their defence is weak, but their attack is lethal. I can see a high scoring game.

• Thanks 1

I think this could be a high scoring game. Liverpool's forward line will be able to take our high line apart and our forward line should be able to take advantage of their shoddy defence. 

3-3 Thriller.

To accommodate Trent, Liverpool have switched to the 3-2 box in settled possession with Endo pairing Trent in the double pivot and Mac Allister and Szoboszlai as the 8’s in the half space with Salah wide right and a combination of Diaz wide left and Gakpo at striker. 

Definitely a potent attack but with Konate and VVD out, that back line is ripe for picking apart - especially on our left hand side. Trent is not defensively disciplined in the double pivot and they can be caught in transition. I back McGinn to win any duel against Trent and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Digne arriving late for acres of space to cross. 

I think Villa will definitely focus on attacking the space behind Trent in transition with either Ollie drifting into that space or the McGinn-Digne combo. 

Edited by DJBOB

Simon Hooper the ref, the one that bottled giving wolves a penalty against manure. I'm not hopeful of getting any decisions and that makes this game very difficult. 

However we are looking good so i will go for a 2-0 win for us. Its time to show how serious we are. UTV 

Edited by tinker
Wrong ref

1 hour ago, tinker said:

John Brooks the ref, the one that bottled giving wolves a penalty against manure. I'm not hopeful of getting any decisions and that makes this game very difficult.  

John Brooks who did Livarpool at Newcastle last Sunday?