Match Thread: Villa v Everton

limpid

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

As ever at 2-0, next goal is crucial. We let Everton back into the game a bit toward the end but still looked dangerous going forward, Bailey been much better today, Digne’s crossing has been very much on point and I’m loving Diaby’s ‘weaker’ foot 

Hopefully Unai has warned Pau and others not to be sloppy in our third and watch the pace and skill of Danjuma. Otherwise, I’m confident we score next. 

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

We needed that half after last week. Could easily be 4 up. Pickford shouldn't even be on the pitch for the foul and time wasting. We've otherwise been composed for the most part. We've had some sloppy moments but you've never felt we had any real threat of conceding. Digne has massively exploited the left and Bailey after a shaky start has been pivotal down the other flank. So much good play in the middle from Dougie and McGinn too. 

I actually think Dougie has been the weakest player on the pitch, despite great penalty.

Pickford's foul wasn't card worthy - I have no idea why you're banging on about it.

• Confused 1

Started off lively. Some of our forward play seems a bit too tippy tappy but also some lovely play mixed in there.

Atmosphere went down after the 1 minute applause and hasn't really managed to lift itself yet, but that's mirrored by on the pitch pace which has been at a controlled pace.

We're playing the tactics issued pretty bang on at the moment and should really have 1 or 2 more goals to show for our play.

Hopefully we can slightly increase the tempo which should raise the crowd and maybe grab a couple more to restore our goal difference.

Just now, bobzy said:

I actually think Dougie has been the weakest player on the pitch, despite great penalty.

Pickford's foul wasn't card worthy - I have no idea why you're banging on about it.

Pickford was booked for delaying the penalty.

• Like 1

Just now, bobzy said:

Because he took Ollie out without looking at his man. It’s a booking. Goalkeepers get way too much protection 

1 minute ago, brummybloke said:

Started off lively. Some of our forward play seems a bit too tippy tappy but also some lovely play mixed in there.

Atmosphere went down after the 1 minute applause and hasn't really managed to lift itself yet, but that's mirrored by on the pitch pace which has been at a controlled pace.

We're playing the tactics issued pretty bang on at the moment and should really have 1 or 2 more goals to show for our play.

Hopefully we can slightly increase the tempo which should raise the crowd and maybe grab a couple more to restore our goal difference.

Happy with a low tempo second half and a 2-0 win.  You can't imagine that Hibs will do anything other than play at 100mph so important that we go to Burnley next weekend with plenty of energy in the tank.

1 minute ago, brummybloke said:

Pickford was booked for delaying the penalty.

I know, I'm saying his foul wasn't card worthy.

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Because he took Ollie out without looking at his man. It’s a booking. Goalkeepers get way too much protection 

He took a swipe at the ball and missed it - I'm not even sure it's his hand that catches Watkins or they collide legs.  Either way, it's just a foul.

Referee has got everything bang on, in fairness.