Match Thread: Villa v Everton

limpid

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

I think he’s going to be a fantastic player for us but man does he look slow at times.

It’s going to take adjustment. I’m pretty sure no one expected him to be thrown in like he has been. This is where the losing of Mings hurts us as the shape and experience is gone. It’s going to take time and cost us in the process. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Okay, but he's on upwards of £120,000 a week, that's far too high for a defender who is clearly not first choice. We're not Man City.

But then you balance it across the squad or even with moreno

Digne is overpaid, moreno is underpaid

People pay too much attention to it when really within the workings of a 25 man squad we can afford it l, it's not Digne that's stopping us buying a £80m striker

• Like 2

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Let's not get cocky. I'd like to see 1 more goal to get us comfortable, but they should improve in second half. It wouldn't be hard, they've even absolute dogshit. Luckily we have another gear to go up.

They are dogshit. They will be relegation candidates this season. They've not improved their team from last season, and they've carried on where they left off. They might get better, but we should definitely be using this game to right the goal difference failures of our last game. We may only get 2 or 3 easier games all season. 

• Like 2

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

Torres is going to need a few games to adjust to this pace 

Yup, but I think that he will quickly. He doesn't look shell shocked or anything, just like he's trying to get a feel for it.

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

No good switching off there Pau. I do sympathise as he’s had little to do otherwise but you can’t at this level 

You can be sure Emery spotted it and will be reminding Torres of this fact.

• Like 1