Match Thread: Villa v Everton

limpid

5 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

They are dogshit. They will be relegation candidates this season. They've not improved their team from last season, and they've carried on where they left off. They might get better, but we should definitely be using this game to right the goal difference failures of our last game. We may only get 2 or 3 easier games all season. 

We got lamped 5-1 last week. Takes time to recover from that. I'm taking 3 points here regardless of the score and then we can settle into our season.

• Like 4

Just now, villa4europe said:

See I think he hasn't which is what is making him interesting

He's still probably the main attacking outlet but whereas moreno will drive at the right back and get to the byline Digne seems to be looking to cross early

That's why I actually like it, he's showing himself to be different

Yeah Digne is crossing instead of cutting inside but the role of being the attacking outlet of the left is what I meant.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

Everton's tactics are seemingly to give Digne the entire left to himself. He'll have done some yards when this is over.

it's biting them in the ass too, so long may it continue

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

My worry is more that Sunday afternoons are a shit time for a kick off, the European nights will be fine but sundays are always flat

We did just lose a World Cup final less than a couple of hours ago.