Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

5 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Did alright tonight, apart from the obvious goal from the wall, hopefully starts sat against Brentford 

Can't agree. Decent start and he looks good when it's on him to make a short term impact, but he gives up very quickly. There was some very obvious injury play acting today. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Olsen did absolutely nothing wrong

Really? If Emi was in goal, don't you think that would have been very different? The wall was poor, but good god it was a grubber of shot that. 

We gonna be talking about the Foden free kick, well, ever again? No, it was a shite freekick. The wall should have done better, Olson should have done better.

• Like 1

Was involved in the majority of any decent attacks we had, defended and covered well. 1 brain fart for their 2nd goal.

Expecting to see teilemens get a roasting if zaniolo is after tonight. On the pitch 25 minutes and played them through on goal twice.

• Like 1

I thought he was involved in everything we did well going forward. Mistake for the 2nd but a much better performance for his first start for 3 months. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Can't agree. Decent start and he looks good when it's on him to make a short term impact, but he gives up very quickly. There was some very obvious injury play acting today. 

He didn’t give up the 1st half he and Duran was chasing back, He had a knock to his leg which would have been a deadleg before he went down the 2nd time, when he was subbed

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, WHY said:

With McGinn back who are you starting him ahead of? 

Rodgers, as every game so far he’s started he’s looked lively 1st half, 2nd half looks knackered come 60mins in

6 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

Really? If Emi was in goal, don't you think that would have been very different? The wall was poor, but good god it was a grubber of shot that. 

We gonna be talking about the Foden free kick, well, ever again? No, it was a shite freekick. The wall should have done better, Olson should have done better.

A keeper can’t cover the whole goal on a free kick from that close. They rely on a wall to cover off one portion so they are free to concentrate on another. If the wall doesn’t do their job that is the fault of the wall, not the keeper. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Rodgers, as every game so far he’s started he’s looked lively 1st half, 2nd half looks knackered come 60mins in

Surely you start Rodgers then based on that and bring Zaniolo on for him? 

18 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

I realise some people see what they want to and can't be positive about certain players but it was 100% a dead leg. Either way it was his first start for months and other than the freekick and his part in a poor wall he did really well. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I realise some people see what they want to and can't be positive about certain players but it was 100% a dead leg. Either way it was his first start for months and other than the freekick and his part in a poor wall he did really well. 

Perhaps it was a dead leg, I said he started okay and he has shown shown some decent play recently, but he didn't "do really well" tonight by any stretch. Unlikely we are signing him in the summer.

Just now, Lerner's Driver said:

Perhaps it was a dead leg, I said he started okay and he has shown shown some decent play recently, but he didn't "do really well" tonight by any stretch. Unlikely we are signing him in the summer.

He did do well in the first half as many were commenting on, but like I said there is no pleasing some so called supporters. 

From what I can see he played well despite the pathetic defending in the wall. He’s playing a very important squad role when you consider his goals v west ham, performance v wolves etc. Helping to manage the absence of Ramsey. 

Posted (edited)

I had decided not to comment on the negativity he gets after he is playing, but today I simply can’t let it go. 

I can’t remember who mentioned ‘haters’ in this thread, but actually he was right, if You can’t acknowledge that he had a great game yesterday, then you have already made up your mind about him and will criticize whatever he does. Making comments like ‘back to the old version’, ‘for me he is done at Villa’ simply makes You a hater

Everybody makes mistakes, all the players did it yesterday, against a quality side, but somehow You manage to put all the blame on Zaniolo and make his mistake inexcusable 

Edited by Taxahunter
  • Like 1

Thought he did very well. Plenty of players who's messed up in a wall before. Looks to me like he's been growing and improving a lot the past few weeks. I'd be happy to have him in the squad, as I imagine he'd continue improving. 

• Like 1

Â