Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He is doing OK but he doesnt seem to pass it enough and prefers to shoot. For me he is below Buendia and Bailey in the pecking order

Bailey and Buendia have been here over 2 years.. Plus Bailey doesn't play the same position Zaniolo is currently playing and Buendia is a way off being fit, like Ramsey. 

I actually think it's quite telling that Unai trusts him enough to play the role he does. He's also been unlucky not to score in most appearances so I don't think he's that far from clicking, he's getting into good spaces which is a positive. 

There is no doubt he could do better but l think once he settles, other players get fit and he perhaps plays in a more natural position, then people will see what he's really about. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Barely better than Traore. Need to get Ramsey back so we can bench him to avoid triggering the obligation to buy. 

I don't believe there's any getting out of this transfer, if we wanted to.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I don't believe there's any getting out of this transfer, if we wanted to.

Huh? It's a conditional contact, so if they aren't met then there is no obligation to buy. If the club doesn't want to sign him then it will need to be strategic about avoiding triggering the clauses. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1

I like him a lot. He’s direct, a unit and a bit of a throwback of a player. 

I imagine the gambling stuff has been horrific to deal with thinking that you may not even play for the rest of the season.

I suspect we’ll see a far more settled player after the international break and great to have options like him, Ramsey and Bailey all fighting it out for that one spot when the games start coming thick and fast. 

2 hours ago, villarule123 said:

I like him but I can't help but think there's another level or two we can go up with Ramsey in the team. And Moreno to come back too! 

Good point. I agree that I like Zaniolo but I'm certain Ramsey would have scored a few goals for us playing in the same position.

No doubt about it Zaniolo should have scored by now he's missed some very good chances.

There is definitely something there. He could have easily scored about 10 goals for us so far. REALLY needs to get that first one though!

He has got ability of that I'm sure - give him 6/12 months with Unai and he'll look like a world beater. 

• Like 1

I like him and i think hes contributing well to the team. Positives for me are:

Drives at the defence.

1. Great positioning when we are in transition, very similar to Mcginn he occupies the space between Midfield and the forward line.
  2. Hes very good at dragging the full back forward which gives Watkins lots of room to run in behind. 
  3. Hes been a very good outlet for Emi because of his size.

The issues for are really his numbers. Hes isnt contributing with goals and assists, Bailey and Youri are sat on the bench and are surely asking Unai what they do to do to start a game. When fit Ramsey will be doing similar.

Its a great problem for us to have IMO.

• Like 2

Â