Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

Another Traore imo

Nowhere near good enough for a team pushing for top 4 but he will have to do for now till we can get an improvement.

They tend to look down not up. Not aware of their surroundings which results in making the wrong decisions during key moments.

Edited by Pinebro
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Still early days at the moment but struggling to see why he should play ahead of Traore.

Seems like n attack minded player but without the goals or assists at the moment, maybe once he starts firing we'll see a different player.

Guy nearly scored a worldie against Warsaw and followed that up with an overhead kick from 20 yards that pulled a good save out the keeper against Zrinjski. 

He's going to make the wrong decisions sometimes before he gets the numbers because I think he's trying too hard. I also think he can do things with a football nobody else at the club is capable of doing. Normally someone like that, a Coutinho, you wonder if you can carry them but this time it's a hard working brick outhouse that has that in his locker, he's not detracting from the side having him out there. 

Emery knows what's up and he's giving him a lot of game time. Confident he'll be man of the match any week now and have people sitting up taking notice. 

• Like 1

not written him off, just trying to work out what i expect. I dont think i see him as a starter, i think hes probably in with Bailey, Tielemans, Ramsey, Carlos starting 10-20 games a season and featuring in nearly every games.

Thats not a criticism. 

The big plus for me is how quickly he has come in and actually been effective. Hes played a lot of games already and hasnt looked like a stranger at all.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, spiezels said:

He’s much stronger than Traore too, muscles people off the ball. Will be very handy for us im sure. 

Especially his work rate, reading of the game, he’s got fantastic feet on the ball. He’s probably his own worst enemy in terms of trying to do too much. A goal will do him a lot of good. He’s got so much talent. He’s a player unlike anyone we’ve had in a good while. 

• Like 1

I think he's looked great in the short time he's been here. Unlucky not to score in every game he's played in and his performances have been no different to the players fans rave about. Ollie Watkins, people can say what they want but he has had several games where he has been ineffective already and he's point man. That's not a slight on him just a fact. Diaby, another struggling to find consistency just yet and still finding his feet, which should also be expected. Bailey, nuff said. Traore, the truth is, if Emery isn't playing him and he's fit then there's a reason why. 

The fact is non of our forwards are ripping it up weekly or consistently at the moment, even those that are familiar with their surroundings. Zaniolo needs to be allowed to settle just like Duran and Diaby or what is the point of bringing these players in if fans just crucify and write them off after a few weeks. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Another Traore imo

Nowhere near good enough for a team pushing for top 4 but he will have to do for now till we can get an improvement.

They tend to look down not up. Not aware of their surroundings which results in making the wrong decisions during key moments.

Glad you justified this with 'in my opinion'. 

Because it's nuts. 

In my opinion. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

He has played a grand total of 259 Premier League minutes. Quite the reach to write him off when he hasn't even played 3 90's of league football for us.

This. He's settling into a new country, league and system ffs - it's obviously going to take some time. 

26 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

He has played a grand total of 259 Premier League minutes. Quite the reach to write him off when he hasn't even played 3 90's of league football for us.

He has been so bad that I would trigger the transfer just so we can sell him 😝

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Not sure many have written him off, we're just saying he's underwhelmed to date. 

I'm sure we'll see a post shortly about him being used as a scapegoat without the poster understanding what the term scapegoat means. 

• Like 1

Â