Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, osmark86 said:

Proper player imo. Based on what I've seen so far I hope we make him permanent after this season.

He's going to be a big player for us this season, he's growing in confidence and that's showing in his play. The technique he showed for the overhead kick was unbelievable 👏 

What I also like about him is his attitude,  you can see a desire to perform and he shows that in his work rate. Looks frustrated when things dont go his way. That's a good thing. 

I actually thought he was pretty poor by his standards yesterday bar that overhead kick, he struggled to control the ball in tight spaces, plays much better when the game open up rather than when 11 plays have parked the bus 

6 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Buendia just isn't that good. Bailey has improved this season, but still not nailing down that right wing position.

Zaniolo has more about his game than both. He works hard, closes down like Buendia, but actually has real physical presence, and is a far better dribbler than Buendia. 

For me Zaniolo has a no ceiling the guy can be anything he wants!

No one closes down like Buendia outside of Watkins. Against Zrinjski, The forward press was comical in its lethargy. Duran and Zaniolo jogging about aimlessly.  I would describe Zaniolo's work rate as sufficient but in no ways top drawer. He's already technically gifted and a physical specimen. No need to prescribe other attributes that other players in the squad clearly do better. 

6 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Buendia just isn't that good. Bailey has improved this season, but still not nailing down that right wing position.

Zaniolo has more about his game than both. He works hard, closes down like Buendia, but actually has real physical presence, and is a far better dribbler than Buendia. 

For me Zaniolo has a no ceiling the guy can be anything he wants!

Interesting view. He's certainly a better dribbler than Buendia but the better decision maker and knowing when to release a player, it's not a close contest from what Zaniolo's shown so far.

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Interesting view. He's certainly a better dribbler than Buendia but the better decision maker and knowing when to release a player, it's not a close contest from what Zaniolo's shown so far.

Buendia's decision making is all over the place. Always looks and goes for the throughball even when it's not on. 

As for Zaniolo's defensive work it isn't as relentless, but he's more effective as he isn't a lightweight powder puff! He's the opposite a huge powerful specimen!

Can’t wait for him to score his first goal, then the beast will be unleashed. 
Sorry that some people are pointlessly comparing him with Buendia. It’s not an either/or. The only question is: are his skills useful to the squad, which has to be a resounding “yes”.

• Like 1

It was a great attempt for the overhead kick but unfortunately it went pretty much down the middle of the goal. I think it would have been poor keeping had it gone in.

Slightly surprised he got MoTM as I thought he had a quiet game.

Â