Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

44 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

He will be fine and I think will shine in the games he has to play on the right. 

Also looks knackered. 

Yes I think Ramsey coming back on the left will do Zaniolo some good as it seems like he has just been doing a job for the team on the left but could now shift out right or further up, especially in Europe.

On 27/09/2023 at 22:07, Keyblade said:

He doesn't have the touch or vision to play in tight spaces. He should be playing in the Diaby role if he ever does.

I would disagree - yes a poor game today, but I don’t see any problems with his touch.

He will be a regular starter for us imo 

• Like 2

He wasn’t terrific but he wasn’t awful. Also we had this plan where we would play the ball long aimed at Nico he would pin his man and let it go over his head where it went straight to Ollie. This worked about 85 times today, totally mad plan but an Unai masterpiece. 

So far I'm not really a fan of Zaniolo.

But... he has something about him that is exciting to watch.

He almost doesn't fit into his position, he doesn't have much pace, and he's built like a centre forward. But, he's quite a battering ram and is really skillful.

I actually think he'll come good soon, and needs some PL games to get upto speed, a goal will do him some good.

4 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

So far I'm not really a fan of Zaniolo.

But... he has something about him that is exciting to watch.

He almost doesn't fit into his position, he doesn't have much pace, and he's built like a centre forward. But, he's quite a battering ram and is really skillful.

I actually think he'll come good soon, and needs some PL games to get upto speed, a goal will do him some good.

Looked pretty quick for our second goal.

• Like 1

On 30/09/2023 at 20:19, ChesterDad said:

I would disagree - yes a poor game today, but I don’t see any problems with his touch.

He will be a regular starter for us imo 

I agree. He's got a fantastic first touch and moves well in tight spaces. I think his issue is currently getting used to the pace and being a little to anxious to score. I think when he does break his duck he's going to go up another level or two. He just needs that bit of confidence in himself. He's a great player.

• Like 3

watching the match versus Brighton, you can see he really wants to play on the right side, or at least central/right side.

A few times he was coming down the left, and you could just see that he wanted to cut inside, a couple of times he tried to cut inside on his right foot but didnt look overly comfortable doing it.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Was rated as one of the fastest wingers in Italy in 2020 i think.

Posted it earlier in the thread.

He's rapid and he's one of those weirdos who seem to go faster with the ball

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

watching the match versus Brighton, you can see he really wants to play on the right side, or at least central/right side.

A few times he was coming down the left, and you could just see that he wanted to cut inside, a couple of times he tried to cut inside on his right foot but didnt look overly comfortable doing it.

Yep, I really hope he gets some games either on the right or in the second striker role. Ideally for me he's a 10, play him second striker and give him some freedom and he'll win us games.

• Like 2

He gives me Dougie vibes tbh. His pedigree already is pretty high level and we are fortunate to have him, a little like Dougie. I think we give him time to settle and we end up with another gem. 

Unai is a wonderful manager for him, the fans just need to do their bit. He's going to need a bit of love I think and being an Italian I would expect nothing different. I love him already because I watched him a lot yesterday doing thankless things on the pitch, covering every blade of grass to back his teammates up. He got through an awful lot of the dirty work yesterday whilst others rightly took the plaudits.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 27/09/2023 at 17:07, Keyblade said:

He doesn't have the touch

Zaniolo? If so I am assuming @Keyblade is Leo Messi and he posts on this forum to keep an eye on Emi :)

I don’t think he’s the perfect player by any means (though I personally think if we give him more than a month with no pre-season he will more than prove his worth) but I think his touch is one of the outstanding things about his game.

10 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Zaniolo? If so I am assuming @Keyblade is Leo Messi and he posts on this forum to keep an eye on Emi :)

I don’t think he’s the perfect player by any means (though I personally think if we give him more than a month with no pre-season he will more than prove his worth) but I think his touch is one of the outstanding things about his game.

It's good for a SS or even on the RW, and generally very good but you see him chasing his first touch a lot out on the left (probably because it's usually fizzed into him almost chest height). He's really good because that second touch is almost always good (and often is a nutmeg!), but the difference when Ramsey came on was palpable.

• Like 1

Â