Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

34 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

And this is the result of Musk's "anyone can have a blue tick if they give me some money" policy - much more of these idiots around the place now.

• Like 3

Am I the only one whose just not excited about this transfer? No idea why but I just feel very "meh" about this transfer. End of the day if he wants to go Saudi Arabia then its a player I'm glad is not coming, there are plenty of other players for the club to target if it doesn't happen.

Guess we are going to have to get used to transfers like this being played out in the media. Can't remember the last time we've had to read constant updates to Villa bidding on a player over a week or so. Purslow must have been very good at keeping stuff out the media. Could just be a case of higher profile player we target its bound to happen I guess. 

2 minutes ago, RichW said:

Am I the only one whose just not excited about this transfer? No idea why but I just feel very "meh" about this transfer. End of the day if he wants to go Saudi Arabia then its a player I'm glad is not coming, there are plenty of other players for the club to target if it doesn't happen.

Guess we are going to have to get used to transfers like this being played out in the media. Can't remember the last time we've had to read constant updates to Villa bidding on a player over a week or so. Purslow must have been very good at keeping stuff out the media. Could just be a case of higher profile player we target its bound to happen I guess. 

He's a top end level player, we need to be signing more of them.

We've seen the limitations of Duran type transfer in short term as the manager clearly dosen't think he's ready just yet.

Diaby is some level above Johnson imo, it would be great to have both of them at the club as they have a lot of potential and will improve a lot, but if we could only have one it would be disappointing to have johnson instead of diaby, ngl

39 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Max Lee is a fake and copied his tweet from the French media last night 

Twitter was never great but Musk has turned it into what our US cousins call a Dumpster Fire.

6 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I imagine we will find out today. Looks like he has a simple choice between us and Saudi. I’d be shocked if he chose us.

Two clubs are bidding for him, one with a lot of money, one with insane amounts of money. 

Diaby and his agent will play both sides until the last moment to get the best deal they can for themselves at their favoured club.

That may be us, it may be them.

But he won't be deciding anything (atleast vocally) until a club reaches an agreement with Leverkusen, or until it's too far into pre-season that he needs to force Leverkusens hand.

I'd be surprised if we found out today

Moussa Diaby is a very good player. He's quick and knows where the goal is as both a scorer and an assister. If we sign him and he adds another handful of goals to last seasons total then he will have done the job we need. I will be very happy if he joins Villa.

13 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Bahrain is technically a Muslim country... But in fairness, alot more liberal 

In truth... It's probably the regions hidden gem little party Island lol

Alot of people drive over to Saudi in the week for work and/or head back over to Bahrain on the weekends.

That aside, the point still kind of stands, whether " strict " observers or not, being close to Makkah, or in a Majority Muslim region will defo be a sell for Muslim players.

I used to travel a fair bit to Bahrain from Dubai. Whilst much less in your face than over here, there's a cracking little nightlife scene.

I said in another thread that Al Ettifaq is right by the bridge into Bahrain, and only a 45 minute drive into Manama. The Saudi's will want players and managers to have their principal residences in KSA, but I'd be shocked if a lot of them don't have apartments in Manama, Doha and Dubai too.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RichW said:

Am I the only one whose just not excited about this transfer? No idea why but I just feel very "meh" about this transfer.

Possibly driven by how long it's taking?

He will be a good signing, but bloody hell this one is taking it's time to be completed.

Â