Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

Not really comparing them directly and it seems like Diaby is the superior player…

but, there are eerie similarities here…

Bailey did well in Bundesliga, posted good figures and was constantly linked with big clubs. Always known as a big talent or hot prospect…

We were all excited at the time of his signing (some of us even watched that video recorded in Craig Butler’s shed!! 🤣) but it hasn’t worked out well so far…

Anyway, I trust Unai and Monchi’s judgement over anyone we’ve had in charge before… including Lange.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

How I role on the eBay offer button..

super low offer first to see how easy they’re to work with 

I've got some bargains this way! 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

who is this guy?, is he another M.J.Goldson? (or whoever that was).

Aaahhh

CJ bloody Goldson

where did his tripe and trolling get him?

Enjoy the Championship and iFollow lad.

Delighted that Leeds went down along with so many of their scummy fans…

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Indigo said:

According to FBREF Boubacar Kamara and Leander Dendoncker are similar players.

Just saying.

We aren't signing the injury prone guy that played for Arsenal

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

You sure you have the right Diaby?

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We aren't signing the injury prone guy that played for Arsenal

Am I missing a gag here or something? 😂

I'm just saying that folk are posting Fbref comparisons between Diaby and Bailey and assuming one is mk2 of the other, when if we were to take out of context screenshots from there as gospel then you could do the same for Kamara/Dendoncker which most Villa fans wouldn't agree with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

so basically, Bailey mk.2?

No idea, I deliberately didn’t comment either way because I haven’t watched Moussa play.

I merely felt that a stat comparison with Bailey has some merit because of it being the same club, same division, similar position, similar number of league appearances. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12290525/Aston-Villa-set-table-bid-Bayer-Leverkusen-star-Moussa-Diaby.html

Aston Villa are preparing an opening bid for French star Moussa Diaby as Unai Emery steps up his search for a new wide man.

Mail Sport revealed on Saturday that Villa had checked with Bayer Leverkusen on the availability of Diaby and it is thought they will soon formalise their interest with an official offer. The 24-year-old is valued at about £50million by his club after registering 14 goals and 11 assists in all competitions last season. 

Back then, Villa signed Leon Bailey from Leverkusen instead but they are prepared to let the Jamaican leave this summer.  It remains to be seen whether they would try to include Bailey in any deal for Diaby, whose preference at this stage is to play for a club competing in the Champions League. Villa cannot offer that and will line up instead in Europe’s third tier competition, the Europa Conference League. 

But with Unai Emery in charge and billionaires Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens funding them, Villa believe they can break into English football’s elite in the coming seasons.

Diaby has attracted interest from a number of clubs thanks to his versatility. He can play on either flank but can also operate through the middle, making him an attractive option for Villa who are looking for both a winger and a forward.

Villa have also looked at Ferran Torres, the former Manchester City winger currently at Barcelona, and Harvey Barnes, who is expected to join Newcastle from Leicester.

• Like 1

Everyone calling bailey a flop but Jadon Sancho cost three times what we paid for bailey and I wouldn't swap them

Diaby looks a hell of an exciting player. Who doesnt love a lightening quick, tricky wee winger willing to take on his man, chipping in with goals and assists!

• Like 2

Â