Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

Feel a bit for him, would like to see him moved out to the wing, did Bailey the world of good. Both of them struggle in that forward role

Ehat makes it more annoying is that I thought Tielemans looked great in that forward role, but is struggling at left mid

10 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

Feel a bit for him, would like to see him moved out to the wing, did Bailey the world of good. Both of them struggle in that forward role

Ehat makes it more annoying is that I thought Tielemans looked great in that forward role, but is struggling at left mid

Came to post the same thing. When Bailey plays he plays really wide. Think this is a role that Diaby is used to playing too. 

The transition to becoming a second striker isn't really working for him atm.

• Like 4

No longer giving him the benefit of doubt now. We paid huge money for this guy, our record signing and his performances have been completely rubbish for ages. 

God knows why/how he's starting games. Needs to be benched for a while. 

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Came to post the same thing. When Bailey plays he plays really wide. Think this is a role that Diaby is used to playing too. 

I agree. Emery seems reluctant to go 4-3-3 with Diaby and Bailey on either side of Watkins. Hard to be critical of Emerys tactical but we looked too predictable at times 

• Like 1

He looks like a player that isn't playing on natural instinct to me. Maybe it's trying too hard, maybe it's struggling with what Emery is asking from him.  No idea.

He just looks a little lost sadly. 

Edited by PieFacE

16 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

This is where I’m at too, people comparing bailey when he came on there and he’s playing in a completely different position 

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Everyone’s either forgetting or ignoring this

• Like 2

The thing with Diaby is he seems to pick up the ball a fair bit centrally but with no space to run into. Surely a player who has an attribute of really good pace would be more effective either down the wing or trying to beat the offside trap.

Unai has done a lot right with this team but the use of Diaby is puzzling but hopefully there is some logic to it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, turvontour said:

He's just lost all conviction, there's very little belief in everything he does.

Yep this for me. The chance in the first when he decided to pass instead is a player with zero confidence.

1 minute ago, mykeyb said:

Yep this for me. The chance in the first when he decided to pass instead is a player with zero confidence.

Probably 3rd or 4th time hes refused a shot this season.

Been so disappointing. I was so excited when we signed him but he seem to get worse by the week after a promising start.

I don't think the tactics get the best out of him, but either way he needs to have a long, hard look in the mirror. Bailey showed him up today and must have been wondering why he's been benched given Diaby is anonymous pretty much every time he plays. 

Â