Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, stewiek2 said:

Now this may sound racist but I promise it isn't. Hear me out. It's why I feel Diaby isn't a thing to them now Barnes is going to Newcastle..

On a global basis most Muslims follow the top teams in Europe worldwide. Barca, PSG, Real, Bayern, the usual English clubs.

Look at the Saudi Clubs signings so far. Ignore the names, the clubs they are signing from. FFS even Gerrard, which we all know. I'm sure they know is shite. But he's a high profile name to give them global exposure. Henderson so from Liverpool, Mahrez City. Clubs massively supported in glory hunting islamic regions.

Now, to Diaby. A player unknown in that region. Seriously unknown. I'd say Tyrone Mings is more well know. Why would they punt £45m+ on a play nobody in there target region gives a shit about? Their entire transfer working so far and, it seems, IS, about anything but doing sensible deals to bring in players who have concrete skill at the right age. They don't.

So I think they are being used by Bayer to get us to, if not agree their fee, to construct the deal favourably to them. ie more up front and bigger add-ons rather than than, as is seen usually, less up front but rest over contract period.

Either way I think he'll be a Villa player soon. The delay is Bayer using Saudi interest to try to get us to deal on their terms 

Some Muslims follow little old Villa 👀

in all seriousness a lot of the players themselves are Muslims that are moving to Saudi. Including Diaby. That may also be a factor

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I agree with him apart from the Muslims part.  I do think if they are going to smash their transfer record it will be on a player that will bring a lot more global exposure.

Ultimate one is Mo Salah for them I think That would double their crowds easily. Look out for that happening next summer when he's got just one year left on his Liverpool deal.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, omariqy said:

in all seriousness a lot of the players themselves are Muslims that are moving to Saudi. Including Diaby. That may also be a factor

I can’t vouch for the accuracy but it would  appear they are  moving to Bahrain , just playing their football in Saudi ? 

20 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Oh I know, and I'm not trying to be offensive chaps. I'm sorry if I worded it wrong. I didn't mean to offend.  I was trying to say that they signing up players known already from already globally established sides that are really heavily supported amongst the Arab world. Diaby, and Bayer Leverkusen, just don't fall into that bracket. I smell it being bull from Bayer to get a higher fee.  I don't see Al Nassr interest at all. It goes against every transfer so far from the Saudi league. He's a total unknown in their eyes to command such a high fee and salary.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I can’t vouch for the accuracy but it would  appear they are  moving to Bahrain , just playing their football in Saudi ? 

Bahrain is technically a Muslim country... But in fairness, alot more liberal 

In truth... It's probably the regions hidden gem little party Island lol

Alot of people drive over to Saudi in the week for work and/or head back over to Bahrain on the weekends.

That aside, the point still kind of stands, whether " strict " observers or not, being close to Makkah, or in a Majority Muslim region will defo be a sell for Muslim players.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Certainly the Wags are living there! But still more appealing than Europe in terms of practicing their faith, being able to go to Mecca etc 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, skarroki said:

"Younger fans all over the world follow players instead of clubs these days" say football writers, commentators, literature on footballing trends

"Well I don't do that, so no-one else in the world does" says an anecdotal middle-aged man from birmingham, whose father and grandfather also supported the local club and all followed the trend at the time of supporting their local team. 

Your problem is the same as everyone else, you make assumptions on the worst case scenario with no facts to support your opinion.

I was born in Australia, none of my family ever supported Villa before me.

Thank you for proving my point.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

Oh I know, and I'm not trying to be offensive chaps. I'm sorry if I worded it wrong. I didn't mean to offend.  I was trying to say that they signing up players known already from already globally established sides that are really heavily supported amongst the Arab world. Diaby, and Bayer Leverkusen, just don't fall into that bracket. I smell it being bull from Bayer to get a higher fee.  I don't see Al Nassr interest at all. It goes against every transfer so far from the Saudi league. He's a total unknown in their eyes to command such a high fee and salary.

Ruben Neves from Wolves also doesn’t fit your theory. 

5 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

Now this may sound racist but I promise it isn't. Hear me out. It's why I feel Diaby isn't a thing to them now Barnes is going to Newcastle..

On a global basis most Muslims follow the top teams in Europe worldwide. Barca, PSG, Real, Bayern, the usual English clubs.

Look at the Saudi Clubs signings so far. Ignore the names, the clubs they are signing from. FFS even Gerrard, which we all know. I'm sure they know is shite. But he's a high profile name to give them global exposure. Henderson so from Liverpool, Mahrez City. Clubs massively supported in glory hunting islamic regions.

Now, to Diaby. A player unknown in that region. Seriously unknown. I'd say Tyrone Mings is more well know. Why would they punt £45m+ on a play nobody in there target region gives a shit about? Their entire transfer working so far and, it seems, IS, about anything but doing sensible deals to bring in players who have concrete skill at the right age. They don't.

So I think they are being used by Bayer to get us to, if not agree their fee, to construct the deal favourably to them. ie more up front and bigger add-ons rather than than, as is seen usually, less up front but rest over contract period.

Either way I think he'll be a Villa player soon. The delay is Bayer using Saudi interest to try to get us to deal on their terms 

How do you how known / unknown Diaby is in that region?

Edited by Don_Simon
Typo

6 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

.. The delay is Bayer using Saudi interest to try to get us to deal on their terms 

And ... possibly ... Diaby and agent wanting to leverage his Villa salary, right? This all does feel like the ritualized haggling process at a Marrakech market. Which is good. The dance of the deal is on, it seems. It can only be a matter of time, one hopes, a few more million dirham getting shuffled about, etc.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I imagine we will find out today. Looks like he has a simple choice between us and Saudi. I’d be shocked if he chose us.

Depends how serious he is about his football.

17 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I imagine we will find out today. Looks like he has a simple choice between us and Saudi. I’d be shocked if he chose us.

Same. They will pay him double what we want. 

Only issue he will have is playing in a poor league he mist likely wont be getting call ups to France national team.

• Like 1

I think we'd of walked away by now if we didn't think he'd joining us. Reading between the lines it seems its just how payment of the fee is structured., that's the hold up.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Frodo said:

I think we'd of walked away by now if we didn't think he'd joining us. Reading between the lines it seems its just how payment of the fee is structured., that's the hold up.

Hope you’re right but the Saudis aren’t messing about and we’re seeing plenty of players going for the money.

I’d he going to all the other clubs I’ve just read about on wankpot internet sites too?

Arsenhole, Chel$ea and Jawdeeland apparently .

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

Hope you’re right but the Saudis aren’t messing about and we’re seeing plenty of players going for the money.

I get the Saudi thing I just think the way we operate in the transfer window is very professional & is applauded by other clubs at times when dealing with transfers, the fact we're still talked about in this transfer by reputable sources means we have assurances from the player he wants to come. Big transfer fees take time to conclude & don't forget this will smash our transfer record.

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Bahrain is technically a Muslim country... But in fairness, alot more liberal 

In truth... It's probably the regions hidden gem little party Island lol

Alot of people drive over to Saudi in the week for work and/or head back over to Bahrain on the weekends.

That aside, the point still kind of stands, whether " strict " observers or not, being close to Makkah, or in a Majority Muslim region will defo be a sell for Muslim players.

So Brum it is then

• Haha 3

Â