Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

It’s not Heck’s badge it’s NSWE … If they were suitably blown away by the round badge do you think they’d let it be changed a year afterwards ? Why is it the Lerner badge and not Paul Faulkner’s. Yes Heck would’ve been behind it but ultimately it is Nas & Wes’s badge as it will define their ownership in terms of badges. Or is it cause a lot don’t seem to like Heck they get away from being associated with it ? 

Lerner seemed quite heavily involved with his badge, getting it tattooed on him. It came with his purchase of the club.

I don't think the "Heck" badge is what he wants ideally, but I think, much like with the North stand, it's all about dollars. It's too expensive to do properly right now, so we'll wait. Heck gets credited with the new badge because on being hired he immediately put the kibosh on the round badge. I believe he'd argue that it was a financial necessity, but it just shits me that much smaller clubs can get this right and we're now fumbling into yet another bad badge.

You see my issue here isn't so much the scrapping of the round badge it's more that we were definitely promised a break from the Lerner badge so it is quite something for them to depart from the round badge and up with something based off the unpopular Lerner badge.

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, imavillan said:

as previous posters have mentioned about the official Villa site and the kaizen one having the different badges i've taken a screen shot and here they are.

spacer.png

spacer.png

These badges are honestly so similar the rebrand is pointless. They should have just worked “Aston Villa” and “1874” into the existing badge somewhere (and removed AVFC) and called it a day. 

1 hour ago, mikeyjavfc said:

These badges are honestly so similar the rebrand is pointless. They should have just worked “Aston Villa” and “1874” into the existing badge somewhere (and removed AVFC) and called it a day. 

They kinda did do that … 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Took my son to Villa to watch the Bournemouth game. They brought out that AU1500 flag thing into the centre circle.  

My son asked me unprompted why do they have Chinese writing in the centre circle and what does it mean in English. 

#OnBrand

7 hours ago, imavillan said:

as previous posters have mentioned about the official Villa site and the kaizen one having the different badges i've taken a screen shot and here they are.

spacer.png

spacer.png

New badge is 10x better. Ironically the round one has grown on me now, especially after seeing us do so well in it!

I think they've said, we like the Lerner badge, but need the yellow to contrast better with the blue. And I think that's about the long and short of the story - I get the rage. But I don't mind about the new badge, if describing it I would agree with others that it feels like an American interpretation of English heritage symbols. However we square it, there is an American DNA strand of the club now and has been for a while, why shouldn't the badge reflect that reality in 2024?. Really hoping those classy gold versions on a shirt are for real - would purchase. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Plenty of clubs change their crest, probably more often than you think, usually though, it's just tweaks or refinements that a lot of people, especially those not associated with the club don't notice. As a case in point, the refinements made to the original Lerner design were barely noticed by the wider football community, indeed some places still use the original design with no idea it was updated ages ago.

It's easy to say 'let's just stick with something', but you have to have something worth sticking to first. The clubs that don't change are those that have solid designs.

Our problem is we've never really had a design worth keeping, and so we keep changing and will continue to do so until we bite the bullet and create a genuinely good design.

How possible that is with the amount of fan consultation demanded is another matter of course.

The issue is Heck seems to think the Lerner badge was that genuinely good design. So that's what he's gone back to. Sadly, the core issue is that yellow on light blue doesn't work.

I can genuinely see us having another one year badge... the gold Heck badge on the shirts for the 150th year, because they're already going to be in production,  and then something else again next year. 

• Like 1

Â