Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

So what if its not the badge? People can still have a opinion whether they like it or est1874

The North Stand U-turn is a much bigger deal with broader ramifications for the club and fanbase, why aren't you commenting loudly on that? This other stuff is superficial and the new crest might still turn out lovely. 

But something tells me it still won't be to your tastes no matter what they do.

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

and you're acting like it's a big deal

Seeing as the CEO tweeted it out I guess he think it’s a big deal otherwise why would he do it.  It’s also his first real branding at his new company, I’m guessing he wants it to be right, so yes it’s a big deal especially as it coincides with his first major interview and it is shown at the end of that interview.  Seems a big deal to Heck.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

The North Stand U-turn is a much bigger deal with broader ramifications for the club and fanbase, why aren't you commenting loudly on that? This other stuff is superficial and the new crest might still turn out lovely. 

But something tells me it still won't be to your tastes no matter what they do.

Right you need to chill out.

Because some say they dont like this logo now your classifying that they wont like the north stand design? Not sure on your logic on that as it makes little to no sense.

Ive commented in the other thread regarding this. I agree with you it is a bigger deal but thats not what we are discussing its this branding its poor. 

The whole branding with our new badge has been a shit show. We have two different badges. When unai is doing a presser he has some training kit on with our new badge but behind him we have the old badge! It makes us look like a laughing stock.

I know we have separate kit threads, but in the context of brand identity I am concerned about what bright ideas Mr Heck will foist on us with next year’s kit.

He seems to have Ellis levels of political acumen at the moment.  Cue an all claret kit or some striped monstrosity!

• Like 1

Man that’s bad… 

I want our badge to say Aston Villa on it because that’s the name of the club. Not AV … AV is not a good band idea by any means. 
It’s probably not the badge and just something to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the club, but it’s still fairly shite 😆 

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

It’s utterly abysmal. If you went to a preschool and asked 20 kids to draw a badge guaranteed 15 would come back with something better. It’s absolutely and utterly dogshit. 

But it's not a badge is it.

If that WAS our badge then I agree, it's **** terrible.

But it isn't. It seems like it's a bit of a teaser for some branding and that's it.

Like I said before the colours on it are nice, if that's incorporated into the badge I'll be pretty happy. People are always moaning about how pink our claret is. Looks like they've fixed that

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But it's not a badge is it.

If that WAS our badge then I agree, it's **** terrible.

But it isn't. It seems like it's a bit of a teaser for some branding and that's it.

Like I said before the colours on it are nice, if that's incorporated into the badge I'll be pretty happy. People are always moaning about how pink our claret is. Looks like they've fixed that

So what if it’s not a badge and you call it a mark or logo instead. It’s utter crap. If that’s a teaser then god knows what utter level of crapness awaits.

• Like 2

Â