Missing Submersible

chrisp65

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Apparently it was built from materials that should never be used for submarines - a form of “innovation” according to the now deceased innovator

I mean, surely if you are taking passengers down there at £200,000 a pop, you can afford to build it out of Titanium 100% like all other deep sea vehicles seem to be made from.

I'm guessing it would only take a slight crack or weakness in the structure, perhaps built up from previous dives, for the thing to crack open like an egg once the pressure gets high enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Not miners though, and not the 1800s, but otherwise, you’re spot on. 😉 

They were all born in the 1800s presumably!

And cave.. explorers?

Either way, they'd be **** useless 20,000m under the Irish Ocean 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, will87 said:

I'm guessing it would only take a slight crack or weakness in the structure, perhaps built up from previous dives, for the thing to crack open like an egg once the pressure gets high enough.

Yeah it’s one thing making it work once, twice or even ten times. A whole other thing making it work over and over and over again. 

He's basically whipped that Sub up in his shed probably watching Salvage Hunters and charged rich people £250k to risk their life's visiting what is basically an old, rotten boat. 

What could have possibly gone wrong. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

Have they found them yet? 

"What about them trained dolphins the navy use?"

One of the more eclectic ideas I heard in passing today. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Very informative guy on Sky News right now.

Informative.   Sky.

giphy.gif

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, will87 said:

That's basically what happened. At least their deaths were quick, better that than no oxygen.

The guy they're all quoting in the press is a part of a dive community whose in some group chat. 

I doubt the official searchers are happy about him shouting his mouth off before they've made official statements.

He's so told the families off the record that their loved ones are dead.  Not good is it. 

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Implosion apparently, not nice!

Least it would have been quick. 4,000 tonnes per square metre of pressure. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

The main pieces of the Sub is 200 metres from the hull of the Titanic, in the area where it first lost contact, so they were dead then. Implosion apparently, not nice!

It is very sad, the reality it it. Seems a massive waste of lives and resources for so little, really. The Titanic wreck just doesn't seem all that interesting even. If they were going down to examine the Holy Grail or an underwater temple built by extraterrestrials or a city of living merpeople, I could understand.  

• Thanks 1

Â