Missing Submersible

chrisp65

6 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

But he doesn't really have anything on the hive mind of VT to be fair.

I expect better of you. I was 80% wrong and double downed on it, I was hoping you would over look it. I will forever boo trumpeters based on this. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Genie said:

Saw that yesterday on Reddit. The sub would have been close to 300 times the pressure. Plus that was a steel tank, the sub wasn't as strong. 

The crew would have been turned to liquid in a split second. As grotesque as it sounds, probably the way to go. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

I expect better of you. I was 80% wrong and double downed on it, I was hoping you would over look it. I will forever boo trumpeters based on this. 

I play trombone, not trumpet.

#seat68failsagain

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I play trombone, not trumpet.

#seat68failsagain

Know this. Every trumpeter I boo I will follow up with it's the trombonists fault. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Know this. Every trumpeter I boo I will follow up with it's the trombonists fault. 

A trombone is just a trumpet for people with one long arm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Rumours that the US navy knew it had imploded almost as soon as they lost contact with it. 

That whole 'rescue' mission was a bit of a false charade then. 

Next thing will be once someone has managed to get passengers onto a flight into space. The craft will go missing or something but that would probably be far worse than this. I've listened to a documentary about the shuttle that had a hole in the wing and crashed into the ocean. It said the astronauts would have known they were going to die, I can't imagine how that must feel. 

At least these 5 on the sub would have gone quick. 

Yeah they new from the beginning. It took time  to get the robot submersibles on site to confirm so they went on with a half hearted surface search until the robot was in place to confirm officially. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

all reasonable theories say they'd have known absolutely nothing about it. so quick it would've been like someone flicked off the light switch.

Christ I hope not. We've got dodgy electrics, flick the switch and all the lights dim and start flickering ominously for a few seconds whilst acrid smoke pours into the room and then after a high pitched whining noise the light bulb finally explodes.  Wouldn't wish that on anyone in an experimental sub 4,000m under water. 

19 hours ago, tomav84 said:

the problem is that this gathered such public interest due to the abnormal nature of it. it got clicks and views of the news articles...it's (for lack of a better word) exciting. 5 people in a sub, with the oxygen level counting down...it made for a good story, a real life suspense movie.

that being said, if the navy released that little nugget of info about hearing the bloody thing implode at the very same time that the signal was lost, no one would've bothered looking. i just hope no lives were lost due to resources being deployed for this lost cause

I think the fact that it occurred on a trip to the site of the original high-profile marine disaster site played a part in catching people's attention as well. Pretty surreal.

On 23/06/2023 at 07:31, Mic09 said:

Some people do things. Jump out of airplanes, dive underwater, swim with sharks, go into space.

Other sit on their sofa and get a heart attack at age of 40.

Sure you can minimise the risks in your life, but some people live for the thrill. 

I love mountain hiking. Setting off early morning, walking all day and getting back in the evening. I know people who laugh at it and don't understand it.

Everyone has their thing. 

From what i been reading if true stockton rush was warned about the safety issues and he dismissed them.

He is a idiot if thats the case he has put the other four peoples lives at risk. There is taking risks and there is just pure arrogance and stubbornness 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I'm not saying he doesn't know what he's talking about, I just wager the people coordinating the public response would appreciate him shutting the **** up rather than going out of his way to conduct multiple media interviews seemingly just to show off what insider information he had.

Maybe I'm miles off base, but he comes across like a bit of a nobhead, IMO.

Tbf @Mr_Dogg is right he does know his stuff its like he is some influencer who knows nothing just giving his opinion

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Tbf @Mr_Dogg is right he does know his stuff its like he is some influencer who knows nothing just giving his opinion

Did you read the opening 10 words of the post you quoted? :D 

• Haha 1

Â