F: Brentford USA: Sunday July 30 17.00

ender4

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

And I'm 100% convinced that we will get top 4 after this pre-season!

Top 5 should be the aim.

We need to be ballsy enough to have the gut to say these things and raise the bar for the club.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Controversial opinion but I see him having a better shot at making it at Villa than Archer.

But I hope they both makes it.

Some will disagree, of course, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it controversial. He looks like a better player to me, and the fact that he has started all 3 matches is a strong suggestion that Unai rates him higher too.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

This was an Emery training lesson, give the opposition 2 goal lead and then see if we can come back and win….it was always the strategy!

Thing is, you were joking, but with Unai I really wouldn't put it past him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TomC said:

First half impressions:

Diaby: Fantastic player. And I was impressed with his pressing. He looked like another Watkins.

Pau: Reminds me of when Moreno started. Needs time to adjust the PL. But you can see the quality at times. He'll come good.

Cash: Anyone who thinks that he is out of favour with Unai and would be replaced needs to think again.

Konsa: Make that Konsabauer.

JPB: He's just about ready. He still could use a little more composure but that will come with experience. Sending him out on loan would probably dent his confidence. Give a him a regular string of 20-minute substitute appearances and he will grow in confidence.

Kamara: Already said it, but...still a little off.

McGinn: Is it just me or is his passing looking better this 

All in white with spanish being shouted from the sidelines. Like a more functional Real Madrid.  That drinks break and Emery giving everyone tactics and instructions and then scoring 3 in 15 mins shows the measure of the man. If this is what pragmatic football looks like then i am all in.  Our better players are better than their better players. Finally nice to have a coach to match the talent. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

Agree he's got real technical ability and is a livewire but he also works hard.

Will be an important part of the quadruple bid.

And rarely loses possession and actually outmuscled Ben Mee to win the ball back

9 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

JPB needs to watch those runs outside

His defensive discipline is not quite there, but it will come. He is not looking out of place, I think he will stay with the squad at least until January.

• Like 1

Just now, TomC said:

Some will disagree, of course, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it controversial. He looks like a better player to me, and the fact that he has started all 3 matches is a strong suggestion that Unai rates him higher too.

Most fans just loves strikers that what it comes down to I think.

But I just love watching Bidace play.

Archer is more about getting in the box and making runs. Not as exciting for me

4 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Emery is playing chess with his teams. Our players look like they have time on the ball and are picking killer passes at will. 

Keep in mind: this is the second system he’s playing. Our players are in semester two of Emery University

image.jpeg.3c4b09257ec72a6e86f8db8ab7c41d7b.jpeg

• Like 1

Â