F: Newcastle USA: Mon July 24 00:00

ender4

Also, when it was practically both sides strongest 11 we pissed it. Emery has got Howe's number. We'll definitely not make those efforts in the league game.

Edited by stewiek2

15 minutes ago, TomC said:

Positives: Buendia (obvious MOTM), JPB, McGinn, Kellyman, Tielemans, Pau

Negatives: Kamara, Diego, Olsen

I agree but not on Diego. He cut a confident and aggressive figure. I feel excited about him. 

• Like 1

Just now, Marka Ragnos said:

I agree but not on Diego. He cut a confident and aggressive figure. I feel excited about him. 

I'm not counting him out...I thought Kamara had a bad night, too, and I'm certainly not counting him out. But Diego got out of position a few times and gave the ball away cheaply at least once. With all the competition for CB, he's going to have a hard time breaking in to the team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Hopefully Kellyman, Young, Archer, Philogene-Bidace and Aaron Ramsey can all get a little bit of play in Europe this season, they didn't look at all out of place.

I think thats the beauty of Emeryball. Once everyone is drilled and familiar with his methods, its hard not to fit in nicely. I remember dreading Kamara’s injury second half of last season, but his absence actually coincided with our best form of the year.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Two 17 year-olds and a 20 year-old on the pitch for Villa the last 15 minutes and the team are holding their own.   Very promising for the future.

Scared Burn and Joelinton so much they got yellow carded for kicking them too much.  

• Haha 1

Seen a few times from Kamara now where he goes down looking for a foul in dangerous areas and we get burned. Hopefully that's something he can weed out.

My first look at Kellyman - very interesting prospect and might be quite some player when he fills out a bit. Looked far better than £40m man Gordon today.

I would really like to see Archer start with a full strength team behind him at some point in the preseason just so he's not forced to feed off scraps. I think he'd feast on some of those through balls from the likes of Buendia and McGinn.

I was particularly pleased that we brought lots of youngsters on in the second half and matched Newcastle toe-to-toe. Exciting times ahead. 

Other reactions are - we could have been 4 up by half time if Ollie was a more instinctive finisher and we definitely need a replacement for Olsen as 2nd goalie.

Great game for Buendia but my MOTM was Jaden Philogene-Bidace. Can’t think of a better way of announcing to your manager that you are ready for the 1st team squad.

Some sloppy play by our defence but I am happy in the knowledge that UE will make them sit up all night watching the replays until they have  learnt their lesson.  

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

Â