F: Newcastle USA: Mon July 24 00:00

ender4

• 3 weeks later...

Different links seem to have different kick off times ...... presumably one is local time. Some say 7pm and some say 12am so which is the right time for watching over here ? 

41 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

Different links seem to have different kick off times ...... presumably one is local time. Some say 7pm and some say 12am so which is the right time for watching over here ? 

7pm local time, so will be 5 hour difference to us as they on east coast tour, so will be 12am UK time

45 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

I always try to use UK time for kick off. I think that's best for most.

Most people don't even know what "12am" means without thinking about it :mrgreen:

• Like 3

I must admit I'm a teency bit concerned that this new breed of ostensibly competitive pre-season game will result in more injuries than the usual 'get up to speed at your leisure' efforts against your Walsalls of the world.

This to me is the next stage of football saturation. Pre-season being dominated by (as opposed to a sprinkling of ...) pseudo-competitive (because of financial gains) matches by players who just need their **** muscles stretched.

But hey, let's enjoy this one and hope we don't come home needing a new midfielder and striker for the real Newcastle match.

• Like 3

Nice to see Revan in the USA squad though that might be part of seeing if he can fit the homegrown quota as well as being the only other LB. At his age, probably make or break to see if he has a future at Villa.

Philogene and Kadan Young presumably brought on because of our current lack of wingers but hopefully good to see them in context of the first team.

On 17/07/2023 at 13:20, Paul33 said:

...... but they are Americans. They don't even understand the game !!!

Some of us do!

Speaking of which...for anyone in the States, the match will be on Peacock.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TomC said:

Some of us do!

Speaking of which...for anyone in the States, the match will be on Peacock.

Isn't the whole series on USA?

Either way, totally fine for me. Seeing Villa play in the evening will be a very different experience.

On 17/07/2023 at 13:20, Paul33 said:

...... but they are Americans. They don't even understand the game !!!

Now look, as long as Villa get more touchdowns on Sunday than the Toon, what else must I understand?

On 18/07/2023 at 06:36, BOF said:

I must admit I'm a teency bit concerned that this new breed of ostensibly competitive pre-season game will result in more injuries than the usual 'get up to speed at your leisure' efforts against your Walsalls of the world.

This to me is the next stage of football saturation. Pre-season being dominated by (as opposed to a sprinkling of ...) pseudo-competitive (because of financial gains) matches by players who just need their **** muscles stretched.

But hey, let's enjoy this one and hope we don't come home needing a new midfielder and striker for the real Newcastle match.

Yes. I'm getting a strong sense of some bad blood from England spilling over into Philadelphia this weekend, too. I can't wait to see our players. I can't imagine this being a sleeper of a match. It's a big stadium and it won't be filled, but hopefully we'll at least equal attendance vs. Leeds in Australia last summer, and surely the players will respond to the excitement. But please no injuries, yes.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, OhioVilla said:

Isn't the whole series on USA?

The entire series is on Peacock. Only two (including Villa-Brentford) are on USA.

I didn't know until Wednesday that any of them would be available. It's a pleasant surprise since I'm too busy to travel to any of them.

Just now, TomC said:

The entire series is on Peacock. Only two (including Villa-Brentford) are on USA.

I didn't know until Wednesday that any of them would be available. It's a pleasant surprise since I'm too busy to travel to any of them.

I remember they were really pumping it up during...something that I watched on USA, maybe even the last fixture list of the season? Well at least we get more exposure this summer.

Â