F: Newcastle USA: Mon July 24 00:00

ender4

3 minutes ago, Enda said:

The sort of defending I’m used to seeing with jumpers for goalposts.

You know... jumpers for goal posts, three and in, rush goalie, one boy's gone home for his tea... isn't it? Hmm, you know, marvellous.

• Like 2

Decent half. Some really great football from us. Easily the better team.

The reasons for giving away the goals are the same reasons that have made all the chances for us to score from. Part and parcel of our style. 

• Like 1

Another brilliant Summer Series match. All of them have been electric so far. Buendia was a man possessed for most of the half, JPB showing he should be a part of the 1st team squad next season, and very well drilled shape throughout the team. Showing very good stuff on offense while our defending is a bit rusty. 

• Like 3

Was an encouraging start by Philogene but as players of his age/experience often do he kind of drifted out of the game after a while. Was a shame as you'd think he could have the beating of Targett if he could get at him 1 v 1.

The drinks break killed us. We were totally dominant, then Howe switched it to not have Isak make th run but come deep and bring Mings and Konsa and use runners from midfield and rather than stop that Luiz and Kamara continued to zonal mark and try and play keyhole passes to one another in tight spots. We tired hugely last 8-10 minutes that first half which is worrying as Newcastle look fitter at the end of the half.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A really good half. I think Newcastle will be delighted to get in level. I think on another day we’d be 2-3 up here. 

Especially happy with Cash, McGinn, Dougie, Buendia and JPB! 

Interesting to see how many changes we make at HT! I’d like a half with Pau and Diego at CB! 

• Like 1

Just friendly doesn't really matter once into the depths of the season this game will be long forgotten just about practice. Hopefully see some of the new signings and youngsters in the second half that's what's most interesting about these games, Philogene did pretty well.

We look very good and sharp going forward but a bit lacklustre defensively. The same could also be said of Newcastle.

Been a good game though and most importantly a good work out.

Looking at the benches you'd expect Newcastle to be stronger than us once the raft of changes come.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, robby b said:

You know... jumpers for goal posts, three and in, rush goalie, one boy's gone home for his tea... isn't it? Hmm, you know, marvellous.

Heat stroke? 😁

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Don't know how many subs are allowed, but I want to see Pau, Tielemans and Archer come on soonish 

I assume you are allowed thr full boatload otherwise why did Newcastle bring 15 players. 

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

The drinks break killed us. We were totally dominant, then Howe switched it to not have Isak make th run but come deep and bring Mings and Konsa and use runners from midfield and rather than stop that Luiz and Kamara continued to zonal mark and try and play keyhole passes to one another in tight spots. We tired hugely last 8-10 minutes that first half which is worrying as Newcastle look fitter at the end of the half.

Amazing what an ‘excellent diet and supplements’ can do for your energy levels. 

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Don't know how many subs are allowed, but I want to see Pau, Tielemans and Archer come on soonish 

11 subs are allowed! I’ll expect we’ll make 10! 

• Like 1

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

Amazing what an ‘excellent diet and supplements’ can do for your energy levels. 

You mean similar to Klopp's puffers and Peps in-game energy drinks!?

• Haha 1

Â